This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think the special 3ds xl will look like for x and y?

#1paiprPosted 6/18/2013 7:13:49 PM
we have seen several special edition pokemon themed 3ds, and nintnedo is really enjoying these bundles. not to mention several pokemon games in the past have gotten special edition handhelds in the past.

so what do you think one might look like for these two games?

im really hoping they dont just give us the launch 3ds colors of red and blue with a simple pokemon emblem on them. not sure if i want them to go the charizard/pikachu approach either, nor the animal cross/ luigi approach of the shape patterns.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#2-Oath-Posted 6/18/2013 7:27:09 PM
I don't care so much about the design. I just want a physical copy of the game with the bundle. I don't think they do that anymore =\
#3acerola-orionPosted 6/18/2013 7:28:50 PM
i would definitely buy a pink sylveon-themed 3ds
#4paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 7:30:10 PM
yeah sadly they dont, i think its preloaded, which makes me wonder if they might do physical since you know two versions of the game. unless they make two special edition 3dsxl. and how does the preload work if you havent set up that system yet?
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#5SquirtleHomiePosted 6/18/2013 7:46:03 PM
They released the Black/White DS's with their hard covers... Didn't they?
#6paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 7:47:45 PM
SquirtleHomie posted...
They released the Black/White DS's with their hard covers... Didn't they?

yeah but at the time they didnt do, nor where they pushing digital downloads like they are now with 3ds/3dsxl
---
#7legendxofxskyPosted 6/18/2013 7:51:12 PM
paipr posted...
yeah sadly they dont, i think its preloaded, which makes me wonder if they might do physical since you know two versions of the game. unless they make two special edition 3dsxl. and how does the preload work if you havent set up that system yet?

The preload will most likely be a 20/25 digit code of some sort where you enter it on the eshop, like how you claim a 20$ nitendo card. You probably just enter it there, and then it will give you a choice of X or Y, and etc, and you choose one to purchase, and then it is credited to you because you had the digit. Most likely it'll be a physical code like xbox live cards/nitendo cards/real-life DLC cards (the one you go into gamestop and buy DLC code for $$$$, n etc)

Either that or have two nitendo $20 cards in their and you just purchase your game, but most likely my first idea.

This isn't set in stone, as it is just my opinion.
#8paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 7:53:57 PM
legendxofxsky posted...
paipr posted...

The preload will most likely be a 20/25 digit code of some sort where you enter it on the eshop, like how you claim a 20$ nitendo card. You probably just enter it there, and then it will give you a choice of X or Y, and etc, and you choose one to purchase, and then it is credited to you because you had the digit. Most likely it'll be a physical code like xbox live cards/nitendo cards/real-life DLC cards (the one you go into gamestop and buy DLC code for $$$$, n etc)

Either that or have two nitendo $20 cards in their and you just purchase your game, but most likely my first idea.

makes sense if they go with one edition.
---
#9legendxofxskyPosted 6/18/2013 8:25:19 PM
paipr posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
paipr posted...

makes sense if they go with one edition.

Possibly. But i believe they'll still make Two Editions.

Why? Because each of the MC legendaries can have different art
work.

As then it will offer 4 or so choices.

1) pokemox X DS with pokemon X game.
2) pokemon Y DS with pokemon Y game.
3) pokemon X DS with pokemon Y game.
4) pokemon Y DS with pokemon X game.

Some people prefer an Art Work (like Y) but want the main series game (X).

Tl;dr

With two Special Edition Pokemon Consoles (or more), it leaves more choices to the consumer. More choices = more buying = more money for GF and bandwagon.
#10trewerdPosted 6/18/2013 9:41:57 PM
It'll probably be black or gunmetal gray with a red outline of Yveltal and a blue one of Xerneas. Not that it matters to me, seeing as how I already have the red XL.
---
I like English dubs.
Waiting for Tales of Xillia, Project X Zone, PhoeniX Wright 5, and Pokemon X