This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think/predict/hope Gen VI's Mew stand-in will be?

#1WinglerfishPosted 6/18/2013 7:23:07 PM
While all the hubub about Fairy types is cool, I really hope that this gen's Mew/Victini/etc. gets revealed soon. With prediction's I've heard that some of the legendaries might be based on Norse mythology, I think it could be fun to have a pokemon inspired by Ratatosk, a squirrel that lives in the world tree and basically relays insults between an eagle living in the top of the tree and a dragon living in the roots.

For some reason I can see it having a unique typing, like Electric/Psychic or something, but I bet there are other combinations that would make more sense.

So, what do you think the legendary will be like?
#2paiprPosted 6/18/2013 7:28:34 PM
electric/psychic could make for an interesting type combo. that said id love to see this norse squirrel be something besides electric type. think we have had enough electric squirrels over the last few gens.

that said dark/psychic could be fun. the relaying of insults seems like a good place for a trickster dark type(so perhaps they could find a way to include a loki theme with this bit of norse mythology) and when i think of relaying messages i imagine again psychic as a great way to do all these tricky things.

perhaps dark/fairy could work just as well for the squirrel though.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#3powerprotomanPosted 6/18/2013 7:31:17 PM
paipr posted...
electric/psychic could make for an interesting type combo. that said id love to see this norse squirrel be something besides electric type. think we have had enough BAD electric squirrels over the last few gens.

that said dark/psychic could be fun. the relaying of insults seems like a good place for a trickster dark type(so perhaps they could find a way to include a loki theme with this bit of norse mythology) and when i think of relaying messages i imagine again psychic as a great way to do all these tricky things.

perhaps dark/fairy could work just as well for the squirrel though.

fixed
#4Moohaha2Posted 6/18/2013 8:10:27 PM
Hm, well we've had:

Psychic
Grass/Psychic
Steel/Psychic
Water
Fire/Psychic

(For the longest time I would have sworn that Manaphy was Water/Psychic)

I would have guessed Electric/Psychic for this gen but seeing as Fairy is legit I wouldn't be surprised at a Fairy/Psychic pixie-mon.
---
Geno, Ridley, Paper Mario, Masked Man, Shulk, Waluigi for Smash Bros U!
#5xxmvcfanxx1000Posted 6/18/2013 10:06:23 PM
I think and electric/psychic pokemon would be based on a brain, which would be cool.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 6/18/2013 10:09:55 PM
Jirachi evolution *evilgrin*
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11VEWN3R_4U
http://tinyurl.com/AizenGambit
#7brice344Posted 6/19/2013 1:20:23 AM
Psychic/Fairy
#8ShadowEspionagePosted 6/19/2013 1:30:34 AM
Fairy/Psychic

You know Gamefreak wouldn't be able to resist.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#9mehmetskiPosted 6/19/2013 1:49:56 AM
i hope its a psychic/fairy so all the whining about mew, celebi, jirachi and victiny changing their psychic types for fairy will stop.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon