This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is more effective on umbreon? Quick attack or payback?

#1MetaCyclonePosted 6/18/2013 8:21:53 PM
Hi again.

So far, i finally bred another good eevee for my umbreon for my team based on singles & doubles. Despite i already have an umbreon for doubles, this one will be my main umbreon.

His moveset is:

Protect
Wish
Curse

I'm debating either to sacrifice a good stab move for constant first attacking blows. Or stick with my old school set, take blows, and heavily counter.

But i cant decide. Know this though.

In singles, he'll be used as a waller. In doubles, a waller decoy
---
Looking forward on ditching pokemon B & W for X & Y.
#2CharizardFirePosted 6/18/2013 8:22:26 PM
On Umbreon, Foul Play > Payback
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3NewbieAtDSPosted 6/18/2013 8:23:14 PM
CharizardFire posted...
On Umbreon, Foul Play > Payback

___
---
Pokemon White FC 2108 8832 9721
Everyone should know that my Internet is crap and if I disconnect randomly, I'm trying to get back to you ASAP.
#4MetaCyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 8:31:04 PM
But foul play is only effective if the opposing pokemon's attack has been improved...
---
#5CharizardFirePosted 6/18/2013 8:32:13 PM
But foul play is only effective if the opposing pokemon's attack has been improved...

Most of the time, the opposing Pokémon's Attack will be higher than Umbreon's even when it's not boosted.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6MetaCyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 8:33:53 PM
Wait, what?

That's something new. Is foul play more than just a setup for swagger? But also a setup against those who are powerful than the pokemon using foul play?
---
#7LexifoxPosted 6/18/2013 8:35:20 PM
Foul Play uses the opponent's Attack stat to calculate damage instead of the user's. It's useful for a Pokemon with a lower Attack.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8scrappybristolPosted 6/18/2013 8:36:03 PM
If you are dead set with those two moves, I'd go with Payback for Stab and not being completely walled by Ghosts.

That being said, you may want to ditch Curse and add Toxic with Foul Play on there. That is much more effective than old school Cursebreon.
---
This sig is significant
#9SuperRup91Posted 6/18/2013 8:37:22 PM
MetaCyclone posted...
Wait, what?

That's something new. Is foul play more than just a setup for swagger? But also a setup against those who are powerful than the pokemon using foul play?

I'm not really sure what you just said...But foul play is calculated using the opposing pokemon's attack rather than the users. This includes stat changes. That is why swagger has great synergy with foul play.
#10MetaCyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 8:41:55 PM
That explains why foul play is weak on zoroark!!!

Wow... I never knew foul play was meant to be used like that. Thank you guys, i know my decision now.

@ scrappy

You sure i should ditch curse? The reason why i love it, is because it ables umbreon to wall against fighters.
---