This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You still want Pokemon to be real?

#41Trigger99XPosted 6/19/2013 1:34:52 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Nitharad posted...
I could see it go both ways...

On the bad way... sure there're evil organisations in the Pokemon universe, but nothing compares to what real humans would do. Just imagine the potential for terrorism... having living Storm- Earthquake- machines. Living bombs, pets that can fill a subway station with poison. Or just plain mind-control.
Just imagine what the goverment would do with the aid of Pokemon.

On the good way... it would enchance our live, especially when we analyze the abilities of Pokemon with science. Who knows what we will learn!
And since everyone could have strong Pokemon around it could make some things safer. Like mentioned above... imagine a terrorist tries to pull something with a Pokemon but will encounter resistance from many other trainers.
Same is true to keep the goverment in check.

One thing to keep in mind, in a real life "trainer battle" the Trainer doesn't exist in a magical bubble of invincibility, and pokemon/people could actually die. Random people stopping terrorists/tyranny/etc. with Pokemon Battles wouldn't be as simple as setting up a sweeper & beating the bad guys. There's also no omnipresent game rules restricting anything, so.. No 1vs1 combat between Pokemon most likely.

As much as I love Pokemon, they shouldn't exist in this world unless they had none of their fantastic powers. (Though I imagine a required license to handle Pokemon and strict Pokemon control laws would help to an extent, the potential damage done by Pokemon attacks seems devastating.) As people above have pointed out, real humans are too easily corrupted to handle them responsibly.

that doesn't even take into account wild pokemon and what they would do
#42ZiterenkoyPosted 6/19/2013 3:35:51 PM
Would it be cool if pokemon were real? hell yes

Would it be good if they were real? NOPE

I'd assure you on the first day the earth would be blasted to smithereens by kids and evil people blasting cities with hyperbeams killing millions.
---
psn: Oyuncu / Reaver_415
Pawn: Melek ( Sorc) / Angel ( 200 Ranger)
#43guedesbrawlPosted 6/19/2013 3:41:12 PM
the world would be a really chaotic place if everybody suddenly gained pokemons. they need to be here from the very beggining.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#44Zabie_WPosted 6/19/2013 3:43:23 PM
Fifth Gen brought a lot of dangerous pokemons. Would you go to a beach after knowing what Jellicent does? No to mention Chandelure, Shedinja or a zone with a lot of Yamask due to wars. And let's not forget about Bannette or Drifloon, let alone what could Gyarados do to a coastal city
#45fedartzPosted 6/19/2013 3:48:16 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
the world would be a really chaotic place if everybody suddenly gained pokemons. they need to be here from the very beggining.

yeah you're right.But Evil Team grunts cant be too much of a hassle.
---
Pararin ririkaru parapora majikaru!
#46fedartzPosted 6/19/2013 3:50:13 PM
guedesbrawl posted...

yeah you're right.But Evil Team grunts cant be too much of a hassle.
---
Pararin ririkaru parapora majikaru!
#47jakovuPosted 6/19/2013 3:57:57 PM
Zabie_W posted...
Fifth Gen brought a lot of dangerous pokemons. Would you go to a beach after knowing what Jellicent does? No to mention Chandelure, Shedinja or a zone with a lot of Yamask due to wars. And let's not forget about Bannette or Drifloon, let alone what could Gyarados do to a coastal city

Hydreigon.
#48Faust_8Posted 6/19/2013 4:47:11 PM
I don't want Pokemon to be real...because of the Ghost types.

In the news one day, another kid is never seen again thanks to a Drifloon.

The next day, another ship disappears because of getting too close to Jellicent.

Visiting your ailing grandma in the hospital? Imagine finding a Lampent in the room, feeding on her soul as she dies.

And the list. Goes. On. It's not even just the Ghost types, it can be the Psychics and Darks and Legendaries and who knows what else. The world would be a frightening, monster-filled place...
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
#49wahaha199Posted 6/19/2013 4:47:48 PM
No
---
TIGERJACKS0N- is the white knight wannabe of FuneralCake
#50master_gamr1231Posted 6/19/2013 6:03:31 PM
Faust_8 posted...
I don't want Pokemon to be real...because of the Ghost types.

In the news one day, another kid is never seen again thanks to a Drifloon.

The next day, another ship disappears because of getting too close to Jellicent.

Visiting your ailing grandma in the hospital? Imagine finding a Lampent in the room, feeding on her soul as she dies.

And the list. Goes. On. It's not even just the Ghost types, it can be the Psychics and Darks and Legendaries and who knows what else. The world would be a frightening, monster-filled place...

Yay! My Nincada evolved! Hey, what's that thing rising from his shel... *collapses*
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!