This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions on the new Pokemon thus far.

#11SpikeTbearPosted 6/19/2013 10:49:54 AM
Helioptile is confusing a lot of people. I think it will evolve into a Steel/Electric Pokemon, and its floppy ears will become helicopter blades. Hence, the "heli" in Helipotile.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#12Mr_Snipe1994Posted 6/19/2013 11:14:02 AM
rampardosrules posted...
Chespin - I have mixed feeling about this one. Not bad, but, kinda meh.

Fennekin - Worst of the starters. Its head is too disproportionaly big. Ugly.

Froakie - It's alright. It's no Totodile, but it's no Oshawott eighter. Easily the best of the starters.

Sylveon - The best design so far.

Pancham - Awful.

Fletchling/Talonflame - Talonflame is all kinds of cool. Fletchling looks like it was drawn by an 8-year old.

Gogoat - It's alright. Nothing special.

Helioptile - Cancer. Looks like it was drawn by an 8-year old who had his hands amputated.

Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon -Vivillon looks good. Forget about the others.

Noivern - Love it.

Clauncher - I like it.

Skrelp - It's alright. Nothing special.

Litleo - Don't like it. Looks too Neopet-y. But not as bad as some others.

Flabebe - Awful.

Xerneas/Yveltal - Yveltal looks cool. Xerneas looks boring.

Mewtwo's new form - One of the worst design to date. Even worse than Vanilluxe, worse than Exeggcute, worse than Sunflora, hell, worse than Mr. Mime! In the words of the Nerd, "What were they thinking?!"

Im glad no one at gamefreak takes your input.
---
3DS: 0645 5867 4617
#13rampardosrulesPosted 6/19/2013 11:28:13 AM
Mr_Snipe1994 posted...
Im glad no one at gamefreak takes your input.

I don't have to love everything they throw at us. Some of these designs are good, some are awful, most are average. Or at least that's my opinion. If you don't agree, good for you.
---
"Gosto de todos, menos do Ramiro, que e repetente"
- Bruno Aleixo
#14westontickleePosted 6/19/2013 11:32:31 AM
Fenneking, Sylveon, Panda Boss, Vivillon, and Queen Flabebe are the only good ones. CLAUNCHER AND noivern are ok. The rest suck
---
People who hate on Queen Jiggs and Queen Flabebe are obvious trolls
Official king of the Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon X boards
#15MrMahoPosted 6/19/2013 11:33:23 AM
Chespin - You look like Oshawott's ugly brother, but that's alright, because I think a lot of people will end up liking you when you evolve anyway.

Fennekin - I really love my Fire-type Pokemon and I have a feeling this Pokemon is going to end up having a rather...majestic looking final evolution, but I don't know if I will end up picking this starter.

Froakie - You're simply BA. Ever since I read that PokeDex entry, I was all, "They make this Pokemon sounds the best of them all..." I just really hope you're going to have a lot of Speed and Attack/Special Attack. I would easily make this my starter.

Sylveon - Honestly, you may not be the best looking Eeveelution ever, but at least I can bare with your design and typing.

Pancham - Looking pretty smug. Pancham is a pretty cute and cool Pokemon, but I don't think the Pokemon has too much of my interest.

Fletchling - Once I saw this Pokemon use Flame Charge, I was all over it. I really hope that it gets a third evolution that looks really cool.

Talonflame - I just really hope it evolves. It looks cool and all, but I'd love to see it having an evolution.

Gogoat - Pretty cool Pokemon I guess. I'm guessing that it won't evolve, but it could possibly take a spot on my team if I don't find any other Pokemon to fill another spot...though I'll probably find something to fill the spot.

Helioptile - Kinda cute and might use the Pokemon. Hoping it gets a BA evolution.

Scatterbug - I want to get a flamethrower out and turn you into a pile of ash.

Spewpa - -Read Scatterbug's-

Vivillon - Well...at least you're not as bad as your pre-evos...? If I had the opportunity I think I would throw a rock at it. (Just realized that would probably kill it...oh well)

Noivern - Hell yeah! I wish you were Poison/Dragon though D: ...but I'll live.

Clauncher - Adorable and it looks fierce...I think I'd use it if I don't use Froakie, since I like to have different types of Pokemon on my team. Must not have the same types!

Skrelp - Go home, you're stoned.

Litleo - Ahhh! It looks kinda adorable, but it looks derpy at the same time.

Flabebe - Not bad...but I think it could have been better in some ways.

Xerneas - Are you sure that I didn't see you in Princess Mononoke?

Yveltal - One of my favorites out of all of these Pokemon. It will probably be easily replaced after I get to see all of the Pokemon, and I probably wouldn't use it on my team, since I don't really use legendaries.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#16Rose_MagePosted 6/19/2013 11:54:27 AM
Impressive Tier
Froakie, Fletchling, Talonflame, Xerneas

Derp Tier
Litleo

Ok Tier
Gogoat, Pancham, Flabébé, Clauncher, Spewpa

Meh Tier
Chespin, Awakened Mewtwo, Scatterbug, Skrelp, Yveltal, Helioptile

Bleh Tier
Vivillion, Noivern

Terrible Tier
Fennekin, Sylveon
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#17RikkettikPosted 6/19/2013 12:10:23 PM
Chespin - Love it, my favorite starter at this point. I just hope his evolutions will be great too.

Fennekin - Decent, but nothing amazing.

Froakie - Don't like it, but perhaps its evolutions will redeem it.

Sylveon - A little bit too cutesy for my tastes. Still, it's an eeveelution and eeveelutions are awesome. I will probably have one on my team

Pancham - Pretty cool. I like its attitude.

Fletchling/Talonflame - Nothing spectacular. And "Talonflame", really?

Gogoat - Pretty cool, would've certainly used one if not for Chespin.

Helioptile - Boring.

Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon - Boring.

Noivern - Cool but also overhyped.

Clauncher - It's a shrimp, so that's pretty nice. I also like its attitude.

Skrelp - I really tried liking it, but it's just so goddamn ugly. Compared to this fellow, Trubbish and Vannillite have good designs.

Litleo - Kind of... derpy. And not in a good way.

Flabebe - Very cute, definitely going to add one to my team.

Xerneas/Yveltal - Xerneas is pretty cool, but I ain't feeling it for Yveltal.

Mewtwo's new form - Should die in a fire.
#18jayman7Posted 6/19/2013 12:15:50 PM
I feel like I'm one of the only people here who doesn't like Litleo. Oh, he has potential for a great evo, but at present? Just not fond of him.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#19jayman7Posted 6/19/2013 12:17:55 PM
SpikeTbear posted...
Helioptile is confusing a lot of people. I think it will evolve into a Steel/Electric Pokemon, and its floppy ears will become helicopter blades. Hence, the "heli" in Helipotile.

It's not "Helipotile", it's "Helioptile". "Helio" relates to the sun - he's using his frills (which are not ears) to absorb sunlight.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#20MrMahoPosted 6/19/2013 12:37:17 PM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
SpikeTbear posted...

It's not "Helipotile", it's "Helioptile". "Helio" relates to the sun - he's using his frills (which are not ears) to absorb sunlight.

Chill, it was probably a typo, since he spelled it right the first time. Unless he actually meant to spell it as Helipotile. But yeah, the "Heli" definitely does not refer to a helicopter. Just read jayman's post.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops