This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon fans severely overrate the power of Pokemon.

#1SoleEaterPosted 6/19/2013 5:07:33 PM
Seriously. they swear a Pokemon can destroy the world. Nah. Not even someone like Rayquaza or Arceus can. They're not Digimon.

But anyway, I can't wait for these games.
---
Yes, my name is supposed to be "SoleEater" and not "Soul Eater".
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#2Solar_CrimsonPosted 6/19/2013 5:12:08 PM
Why wouldn't Arceus be able to destroy the world? It created the Universe.

In addition, Dialga and Palkia control time and space, respectively. Together, they could f*** s*** up. That's not even mentioning Giratina (antimatter).
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/19/2013 5:15:46 PM(edited)
Can't Mewtwo level a mountain with it's mind? And I'm certain there are even more powerful pokemon than that. So while maybe destroying the world may be a stretch, some of them could do serious amounts of damage.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#4Noble-HeartPosted 6/19/2013 5:20:48 PM
Example 1: Tyranitar

Crystal: In just one of its mighty hands, it has the power to make the ground shake and mountains crumble.

Sapphire: TYRANITAR is so overwhelmingly powerful, it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest. This POKéMON wanders about in mountains seeking new opponents to fight.

Black 2: The quakes caused when it walks make even great mountains crumble and change the surrounding terrain.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
Deicide: the act of killing a divine being or a symbolic substitute of such a being.
#5lordofpalkiaPosted 6/19/2013 5:21:18 PM
Of course they probably couldn't. Pokemon were designed with limitations that would make the idea of an ecosystem full of superpowered creatures seem believable, unlike Digimon, where everything above Ultimate level is given absurd amounts of power for no clear reason and it's left up to poor writing to explain why they haven't all killed each other yet.
---
You don't need a tank to play Monopoly, but it just makes it that much better.
#6NaughtyGhostPosted 6/19/2013 5:21:20 PM
A single Gyarados can go on a rampage and destroy an entire city.
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#7MyZombieFianceePosted 6/19/2013 5:23:14 PM
A handful of Pokemon can steal human souls and/or drag them to the Pokemon version of hell.

If Pokemon ever rise up and attack mankind...yeahhhh...
---
Pokemon X: I took Serena's hands in mine, looked her in the eyes, and said "I choose you." <3
#8GATTJTPosted 6/19/2013 5:25:02 PM
Why wouldn't Arceus be able to destroy the world? It created the Universe.

Has this ever been outright stated? All of its 'dex entries say 'it is said' or 'in mythology', none outright say it created the universe.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#9The_Sol_BladerPosted 6/19/2013 5:32:58 PM
Has this ever been outright stated? All of its 'dex entries say 'it is said' or 'in mythology', none outright say it created the universe.

You'd think he can though, considering he can create Palkia, Dialga and Giratina
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#10AysanderPosted 6/19/2013 5:41:44 PM
lordofpalkia posted...
Of course they probably couldn't. Pokemon were designed with limitations that would make the idea of an ecosystem full of superpowered creatures seem believable, unlike Digimon, where everything above Ultimate level is given absurd amounts of power for no clear reason and it's left up to poor writing to explain why they haven't all killed each other yet.

Everything above ultimate level rarely exists outside of special areas...which, unless you're basing the ENTIRE 6 seasons off of Season 4, is kept in the writing of all the seasons.

Season 3 -- the 4 Devas were the only mega levels outside of special digimon or the ones the Tamers owned (Beelzemon is the only one I can think of) and each Deva had their own dimension.

Season 1 and 2 -- Digimon can't digivolve to mega level naturally. The Dark Masters, Malomyotsimon were mutated, the Digidestined had 2 mega levels which were activated by the power of Angemon/Angewomon.

Season 5 -- Mega Levels DID constantly try to destroy the world....and each other. Because of a stupid mad scientist.

Season 4 -- Makes no sense, because Mega Levels are everywhere, Champions are beating Megas and Ultimates like babies, and to be FAIR none of the Digidestined go over Champion Level strength without an expected Shonen Series power-up sequence.

Season 6 --- Megas = S-Class Warriors. Only the best Human generals had one (Nene and Taiki XD) and the subordinates of most of the main villains were Champions and Ultimates. Very rarely were any megas present in Hunters, either, the second half of season 6/season 7 depending on your side in the debate.

It's a lot better written than "If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward. " So...basically, if a Trainer uses a Tyranitar, the surrounding area has to be re-mapped >.>