This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon fans severely overrate the power of Pokemon.

#61fluvr305Posted 6/23/2013 7:30:52 PM
Brock didn't die from the continuous Poison Jabs from his Croagunk so yeah...
#62pokemonfreak97Posted 6/23/2013 7:44:55 PM
The only world-destroying Pokemon are the creation trio (Dialga controls time, which might not be able to physically destroy the world, but PMD2 shows the danger of anything changing with time, at least in that universe; Palkia controls space, which means it can directly destroy the universe; Giratina lives in a dimension which might or might not stabilize ours, depending on whether you think that anime canon counts in place of no mention of the use of the Distortion World in the games), Arceus (everything from its Pokedex entries to its signature move to its HGSS appearance to its movie supports the fact that it is stronger than the creation trio combined), and POSSIBLY whatever Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's combined form(e) is.

The only thing that I have learned from this topic is that Digimon names are created by taking random words, phrases, etc. and sticking "mon" on the end.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#63fedartzPosted 6/23/2013 7:47:11 PM
fluvr305 posted...
Brock didn't die from the continuous Poison Jabs from his Croagunk so yeah...

But got constipation in return.
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#64KentousaiPosted 6/23/2013 8:20:34 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Okay... Giratina is Antimatter.
Let me rephrase that...
He IS Antimatter.
Antimatter destroys things quite effectively just by being there.

I'm just curious but does the game every explicitly state Giratina is antimatter? It's been a while since I've played Platinum or Pearl and can't really remember. I'm just curious because Giratina never seemed to really act like antimatter to me.
#65EmeraldRangePosted 6/24/2013 4:43:16 AM
TC has obviously never read the manga.

1) Dragonair nuked Vermillion City completely.
2) The Elite Four destroyed just about everything in Kanto
3) Charizard blasted a giant skyscraper down with fire.
4) Groundon dried up the ocean and Kyogre flooded the other part

Of course, in the game, you just see this animation of a beam, the elite four are quite civilised and Silph Co is never scratched. All the two weather guys did was make the screen flash or rain
---
Gamefreak better add a feature that can topple this fairy type.
#66SoleEater(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 4:55:44 AM
EmeraldRange posted...
TC has obviously never read the manga.

1) Dragonair nuked Vermillion City completely.
2) The Elite Four destroyed just about everything in Kanto
3) Charizard blasted a giant skyscraper down with fire.
4) Groundon dried up the ocean and Kyogre flooded the other part

Of course, in the game, you just see this animation of a beam, the elite four are quite civilised and Silph Co is never scratched. All the two weather guys did was make the screen flash or rain

1. The manga isn't canon. The games are.

2. I didn't say Pokemon were weak, I said they can't destroy the planet like I have read some people here say.
---
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#67SoleEater(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 4:57:07 AM
Kentousai posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Let me rephrase that...
He IS Antimatter.

I'm just curious but does the game every explicitly state Giratina is antimatter? It's been a while since I've played Platinum or Pearl and can't really remember. I'm just curious because Giratina never seemed to really act like antimatter to me.

It doesn't. This is one of those situations where Pokeman fans overrate the power of Pokemon.
---
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#68Krazyhand101Posted 6/24/2013 9:38:33 PM
If something can pull continents with ropes, it might just be powerful enough to destroy stuff...just sayin
---
Wifi FCs in quote.
#69wind64aPosted 6/24/2013 9:45:28 PM
SoleEater posted...
Kentousai posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Let me rephrase that...
He IS Antimatter.

It doesn't. This is one of those situations where Pokeman fans overrate the power of Pokemon.

If I remember correctly it was stated in an interview with one of the higher ups at Gamefreak. I'm sure someone else remembers it better than I do though.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#70PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/24/2013 10:11:10 PM(edited)
This topic is stupid.

Are people seriously denying that Pokemon are ridiculously powerful to the point of planet busting levels? Does no one see how obvious the first post is in an attempt to start something that has no idea being argued in the first place?

No one played DP? Where it's outright stated by Cyrus that the reason he created the Red Chain was to use Pal/Dal without the restrictions Pokeballs give to captured Pokemon? Really?
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)