This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon fans severely overrate the power of Pokemon.

#81PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/27/2013 8:50:04 AM
Well the manga is the version that the creator of Pokemon thinks represents it best. The only reason that Hoenn didn't become half land, half water in neat squares is because the map and program of new places was too much.

Hate that I have to do this, but that STILL doesn't make it events cannon to the games. It's as cannon to the games as the anime is.

Regaurdless, this debate is allowing any and all cannon into the picture right?

Groundon dried up the entire world or Kyogre floods everything. SoleEater stands in the middle and thinks, "Nah, they didn't destroy the world"

In the games this didn't happen, though it's very much implied it was GOING to happen, so I don't see why this is being argued.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#82Oblivion_HeroPosted 6/27/2013 8:54:20 AM
fluvr305 posted...
Brock didn't die from the continuous Poison Jabs from his Croagunk so yeah...

If you notice, Croagunk's fingers don't completely fill up with poison when he uses it on Brock, so it's implied that he holds back a lot to prevent it from harming him as much.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#83AsikokamiPosted 6/27/2013 9:57:18 AM
lordofpalkia posted...
Of course they probably couldn't. Pokemon were designed with limitations that would make the idea of an ecosystem full of superpowered creatures seem believable, unlike Digimon, where everything above Ultimate level is given absurd amounts of power for no clear reason and it's left up to poor writing to explain why they haven't all killed each other yet.

It's not poor writing, it's clear that evolution isn't easy and often they need help. There are high level Digimon roaming the world but it's most likely through their ability to survive and adapt. It's not like there is a clan of Wargreymon walking around.
#84gameplayer6458Posted 6/28/2013 6:10:48 PM
Kyogre tried to flood the world with rain. And where does rain come from? The ocean. Therefore, kyogre could NOT flood the world. The water might flood some areas, but not all areas. So let's cross kyogre off the destroy-all list.
---
"Is mayonaise an instrument?"- Patrick Star
3DS FC: 3437-3552-3000
#85CakeOfLiesPosted 6/28/2013 6:13:13 PM
gameplayer6458 posted...
Kyogre tried to flood the world with rain. And where does rain come from? The ocean. Therefore, kyogre could NOT flood the world. The water might flood some areas, but not all areas. So let's cross kyogre off the destroy-all list.

So how do Pokemon get the water to use moves like Hydro Pump?

Kyogre can literally create water.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#86gameplayer6458Posted 6/28/2013 7:17:45 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
gameplayer6458 posted...

I always thought they had a supply of water inside of them, which they refill at the Pokemon center, or wild Pokemon refueling at a river/lake/pond/ocean/swimming pool. An example would be Blastoise having a water reserve within it's shell, that it refuels everywhere, which is why they can only use moves a certain number of times (PP). And Kyogre can not create water. I am fairly sure there is some scientific-law-thing that states, "There is a certain amount of matter on the planet" (don't quote me on that). Also, Kyogre tried to flood the world with rain. Which according to the water cycle, comes from other bodies of water.

And that, is the worst argument I have ever came back with.
---
#87CakeOfLiesPosted 6/28/2013 7:26:15 PM
gameplayer6458 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
gameplayer6458 posted...

I always thought they had a supply of water inside of them, which they refill at the Pokemon center, or wild Pokemon refueling at a river/lake/pond/ocean/swimming pool. An example would be Blastoise having a water reserve within it's shell, that it refuels everywhere, which is why they can only use moves a certain number of times (PP). And Kyogre can not create water. I am fairly sure there is some scientific-law-thing that states, "There is a certain amount of matter on the planet" (don't quote me on that). Also, Kyogre tried to flood the world with rain. Which according to the water cycle, comes from other bodies of water.

"Squirtle used Hydro Pump!"
Explain that. How the heck could Squirtle hold a single "huge volume of water", let alone five (or eight if you include PP Ups)?

Also, it doesn't take a genius to know that matter can't be created nor (easily) destroyed, but Pokemon has almost zero logic. You don't know that Kyogre can't create water and Groudon can't destroy it. When you think about half the things in Pokemon, something creating water doesn't sound too far-fetched.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#88Hierarchy225Posted 6/28/2013 7:29:51 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Well the manga is the version that the creator of Pokemon thinks represents it best. The only reason that Hoenn didn't become half land, half water in neat squares is because the map and program of new places was too much.

Hate that I have to do this, but that STILL doesn't make it events cannon to the games. It's as cannon to the games as the anime is.

Regaurdless, this debate is allowing any and all cannon into the picture right?

Its not as canon as the anime. Its MORE canon than the anime. The events in the Manga might as well have happened in game. As far as I'm concerned Pokemon Adventures(Manga) feats = Pokemon feats in general.

The anime is just bulls***.
---
The Official Volcarona of the Pokemon X Board
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3139-7919-7799
#89gameplayer6458Posted 6/28/2013 7:46:56 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
gameplayer6458 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
gameplayer6458 posted...

"Squirtle used Hydro Pump!"
Explain that. How the heck could Squirtle hold a single "huge volume of water", let alone five (or eight if you include PP Ups)?

Also, it doesn't take a genius to know that matter can't be created nor (easily) destroyed, but Pokemon has almost zero logic. You don't know that Kyogre can't create water and Groudon can't destroy it. When you think about half the things in Pokemon, something creating water doesn't sound too far-fetched.

While you do have a point there, my entire argument is based on a comic I saw once

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7446779648/hCE299153/

But I do see your point there with hydro pump. But how do we know EXACTLY how much water Squirtle is spitting out while using water gun? Ever tried spitting water out of your mouth into a spray? It makes a small quantity of water look like a lot (and makes people hate you if the water goes on them). I assume Squirtle is using the same principle. And don't forget water can be compacted (I believe, I'm not that good at science) and expanded. Squirtle may be using compacting the water (which the PP ups increase the compactiveness (I didn't just make that word up(parentheses inside a parentheses inside of a parentheses (Whoa, Perenthesesception))) of his stomach) inside his stomach, and expanding it when releasing it. That's just my theory. And nothing in Pokemon makes sense. Like, at all. Free healthcare? 800 Pokes for lemonade? This is madness.
---
#90ChaosCreativityPosted 6/28/2013 7:53:14 PM
They can make freaking Earthquakes.