This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon fans severely overrate the power of Pokemon.

#91PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/28/2013 8:05:04 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Well the manga is the version that the creator of Pokemon thinks represents it best. The only reason that Hoenn didn't become half land, half water in neat squares is because the map and program of new places was too much.

Hate that I have to do this, but that STILL doesn't make it events cannon to the games. It's as cannon to the games as the anime is.

Regaurdless, this debate is allowing any and all cannon into the picture right?

Its not as canon as the anime. Its MORE canon than the anime. The events in the Manga might as well have happened in game. As far as I'm concerned Pokemon Adventures(Manga) feats = Pokemon feats in general.

The anime is just bulls***.

The manga has just as much bs as the anime, but it's not an argument I don't want to get into here.

Being "more cannon" than the anime doesn't make it cannon to the games. And yes, I believe I covered that this topic is taking all cannons into account as far as Pokemon power is concerned(which isn't even a decent topic overall because the TC is acting as childish as some others).

I don't even know what you're trying to argue for here because I think we generally just said the same thing. If you really want to discuss this, make another topic. I'm not wasting my time in this with people dismissing other's claims like nothing.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#92Deadbeat_AudioPosted 6/28/2013 8:15:50 PM
I love how the digimon side of the people arguing are ignoring all the posts about the Cyrus final battle in d/p
You know the one where the pokemon is about to wipe out the universe and make a new one.
Dialga in particular has a dead man's switch, time flows because it breathes. Digimon don't have something like that. Palkia on the other hand if killed will stop the heat death of the universe, he can go.

However I'd like to mention gengar, it can kill by being stealthy and hiding in your shadow. Ever see a stealthy digimon?

Ho-oh burned down the whole planet before after the pokemon and human war and everyone had to work together to rebuild.

Deoxys is the strongest pokemon offensively, and doesnt have much lore around it even if wed like it to. But if ho-oh can burn down a planet with sacred fire deoxys can very well wreck things worse.
#93BrilloheadPosted 7/2/2013 6:29:15 PM
Kyogre could flood the world if it wanted to.
---
PSN:
BriLLLohead
#94TisroeroPosted 7/2/2013 7:53:04 PM
Dialga is the Shrike!

....! OH JEEZY CHREEZY-
---
What's the point of living if we're all just born to die?
#95PhimNujinPosted 7/2/2013 8:03:45 PM
Deadbeat_Audio posted...
I love how the digimon side of the people arguing are ignoring all the posts about the Cyrus final battle in d/p
You know the one where the pokemon is about to wipe out the universe and make a new one.
Dialga in particular has a dead man's switch, time flows because it breathes. Digimon don't have something like that. Palkia on the other hand if killed will stop the heat death of the universe, he can go.

However I'd like to mention gengar, it can kill by being stealthy and hiding in your shadow. Ever see a stealthy digimon?

Ho-oh burned down the whole planet before after the pokemon and human war and everyone had to work together to rebuild.

Deoxys is the strongest pokemon offensively, and doesnt have much lore around it even if wed like it to. But if ho-oh can burn down a planet with sacred fire deoxys can very well wreck things worse.

Dude there's like 50 Digimon that can solo the Pokemon verse. There's a Digimon that can casually erase anything and reset a universe and he isn't even in the top 10 strongest Digimon.
#96PhimNujinPosted 7/2/2013 8:17:34 PM
The only universes that can even go toe to toe with the Digimon verse is Marvel and DC. They're that overpowered.
#97abcDSBTPosted 7/6/2013 11:59:59 PM
Yeah, Digimon are VERY overpowered. Millenniumon can send you to a pocket dimension and then destroy it, Apocalymon can destroy an entire dimension with a suicide move, Ebemon can blow up planets and probe your brain, etc...

That doesn't mean Pokemon are wimps, however. As mentioned, there are many legendary Pokemon that could destroy the world/universe, and even MORE that could wreak havoc on a smaller, but still very dangerous, scale. Hydreigons attack any living thing in their path, Gyarados destroy cities in a fit of rage, Tyranitars rampages change the terrain so much that maps must be remade, Beheeyem can erase and alter memories, many Ghost-types steal souls, etc...
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#98Scott1187Posted 7/7/2013 12:12:13 AM
Another canon arguement. I dont get what is so hard to understand about seperate canons. The anime, the games and the manga are all in seperate canons. The anime can do whatever it wants and it makes perfect sense, regardless of how much it contradicts the games, because it's different canon. What about that is so hard to comprehend?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#99Tennyson500Posted 7/8/2013 1:25:13 PM
But Pokemon can destroy a world. Hydreigon destroys anything moving, and if the tv show actually showed true strenghth, About 5 Hydreigons, Jolly,Timid,Modest,Adamant and Hardy could wipe out a species.
Thundurus Tornadus and Landorus, you already know what could happen there.

Reshiram PKMN Black- This Pokémon appears in legends. It sends flames into the air from its tail, burning up everything around it.
#100Dark Young LinkPosted 7/8/2013 1:34:35 PM

In the games, we stop people trying to TAKE OVER the world. Not DESTORY the world.

So you haven't played any of the games past maybe G/S/C?

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: The antagonistic teams awaken Groudon/Kyogre in order to increase landmass/the sea for land/sea based pokemon. However they underestimate the Pokemon they're trying to control, and Groudon/Kyogre causes intense sunlight/rain that threatens to kill all life from an never ending drought/flood.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Cyrus wants to destroy and recreate the universe in his own image, one without emotions getting in the way. He uses Dialga/Palkia to do this.
---
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga