This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope this gen finally has some decent Ice Pokemon.

#1EdwardoMario16Posted 6/19/2013 6:30:37 PM
Ice Pokemon will always have their weaknesses. You can't get around that, but I still like them.

Would it hurt to have a usable not totally awful Ice Pokemon for once? The only ones out there now that are any decent now is Abomasnow and Mamoswine. Beartic, Vanilluxe, and Cryogonal were atrocious last Gen. Being Ice-Types were bad enough, but to make them so bland, uninteresting and lacking Mono-Ice with atrocious movepools is another. Mono-Ice is TERRIBLE. The only type that comes even close to being that bad is Ugh...Ice/Water.

Come on, give me Ice/Fighting, Ice/Steel, Ice/Bug, Ice/Anything this gen. They may still suck, but at least they have something.

Fast Special Attacking Ice/Fairy? Ultimate Anti-Dragon? Yes Please.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#2MaetchPosted 6/19/2013 6:33:09 PM
You're usually better off putting Ice Beam on a Water-type. It's only really needed for Dragon-types since most of them are double-weak to it, so lack of STAB isn't an issue.
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/19/2013 6:34:48 PM
Well, in the map there seems to be a huge ice part, so here's to hoping.

I'm just hoping for an Ice type Wolf with an albino shiny form that I can name Ghost.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4JarickoPosted 6/19/2013 6:38:19 PM
Ice / fighting type this time maybe? I cannot recall ever having one of them yet. As for the ice wolf. That sounds interesting, a lot of the current hounds are dark or breath fire. And we have one that shoots lightning.
#5reaverzPosted 6/19/2013 6:47:30 PM
Hopefully Ice resists Fairy even though Pokebeach's leak doesn't say it does. They also really need to stop making so many defensive Ice-types and let them have more coverage options. A ton of them have horrid movepools.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6MetleonPosted 6/19/2013 6:50:32 PM
Jaricko posted...
Ice / fighting type this time maybe? I cannot recall ever having one of them yet. As for the ice wolf. That sounds interesting, a lot of the current hounds are dark or breath fire. And we have one that shoots lightning.

No Ice/Fighting yet. I really think they missed a great opportunity with Beartic on that.

An Ice Wolf does sound cool, but I'm worried they'll mess it up with high Atk and Ice Fang as its only physical STAB. I have a feeling we'll get some sort of wolf in general, as Europe has plenty of them IRL.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#7P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/19/2013 6:52:35 PM
Metleon posted...
Jaricko posted...

No Ice/Fighting yet. I really think they missed a great opportunity with Beartic on that.

An Ice Wolf does sound cool, but I'm worried they'll mess it up with high Atk and Ice Fang as its only physical STAB. I have a feeling we'll get some sort of wolf in general, as Europe has plenty of them IRL.

Why would a high Atk Wolf be bad? I wouldn't imagine it being very specially based, and I'm sure if we get a slew of new Ice types, there might be more reliable physical Ice coverage (I'm looking at you, Black Kyurem...)
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.