This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else not really liking most of the new Pokemon so far?

#51-hotdogturtle--Posted 6/20/2013 12:26:47 AM
I've been saying the same thing ever since Gen 2.

And everyone else in the world has been laughing at you since gen 2.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#52RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/20/2013 1:02:29 AM
Super Slash posted...
IzanagiBlast posted...
Ok....

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
K.

Why bother posting crap like this?

It may have something to do with the fact that we hear this crap every generation. Come next gen, you'll be whining about Gen VII and talking about how Gen VI had better designs. It's... getting rather tiresome to hear every freaking gen.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#53Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 1:06:11 AM
Oh come on, Role. You know I'm not like those people.
#54RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/20/2013 1:36:21 AM
I might, but they don't. And I've already seen several topics basically saying the same thing, and I gave the same cookie cutter reply I gave you with them as well. The thing is, don't jump the gun. Hold off, and wait. Every gen has hits and misses, and some (LILLIGANT~<3) knock it out of the freaking park. So hold off until you see all of them. Pick the ones you like, ignore the ones you don't, and whine about the ones that aren't just bad, they're totally useless. Until they become memetic gods like Dunsparce. Then, for some reason, decide to like them.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#55DarkHeroRavenPosted 6/20/2013 6:33:59 AM
Role, Slash and Storm101 all in the same topic! How's it going, guys? (I wonder if Role even remembers me)

Anyway, I must respectfully disagree. I like the vast majority of the Pokemon, and will state why:

Chespin - It's a Shelled chestnut Pokemon! That's pretty original right there. I like its colour scheme, the design of its helmet and, man, look at its face. It looks so happy! Kind of weird that its arms look like fins but w/e

Fennekin - The starter I like the least. Don't kill me, Fennekin fans! I mean, it's pretty cute and all, but the main thing putting me off is the super exaggerated tufts coming out of its ears. They just look stupid to me. :| I'd probably like it more if the tufts were less exaggerated. Not gone, just smaller. That's just me, though.

Froakie - My starter choice. See how laid-back he is? He'll lure you into a false sense of security then destroy everything. He has a classy and regal atmosphere about him, and his design SCREAMS potential for the manliest frog you ever did see. A frog covered in a cloud is pretty cool, too. Reminds me of Zephos and... err, that other frog god from Wind Waker.

Sylveon - Hooray, actual effort in an Eeveelution design! I have never been a fan of any Eeveelution besides Vaporeon and maybe Jolteon, but I admit Sylveon looks pretty darn good. Flesh ribbons of doom. And soul-stealing eyes. Also the poster boy/girl/it of the new type.

Pancham - An actual panda, at last! I mean, we got Spinda, but it not only sucks hard, it also has rabbit ears. Why? Anyway, Pancham's one cool customer. He has a smug face and always chews a leaf. He's like Snivy's smug brother. He's also a Kung Fu panda! I look forward to his evo(s).

Fletchling - Meh. It's different from the other birds, but it's still... plain. Not much to speak of, besides its red head and its tilt towards the Fire type. Which brings us to...

Talonflame - One of the worst names since Gen 1, but a really cool design. I like falcons, doesn't disappoint. With an appealing colour scheme, cool-looking wispy fire markings aa well as an intimidating and regal atmosphere, Talonflame is probably my favourite early bird design yet, up there with Swellow. Too bad he probably sucks :c

Gogoat - One of my favourites. It's a goat, which is something we haven't seen yet, and its design portrays its personality extremely well. It LOOKS very stoic and calm, which it is, but also looks very powerful. Get on its wrong side and it'll mow you down, but stay on its good side and it'll be the most chill guy ever. I like the way the grass mane (?) accentuates its design, making it look more intimidating to cross.

Helioptile - Derpderpderp! I like that it's a frilled lizard, something we haven't seen yet. Not much to comment on otherwise, other than that Electric/Normal is weird, but its evo(s) have a lot of potential. Non-legend Electric/Dragon pls? :>

Scatterbug - AWWWW. No, really, I think Scatterbug is ridiculously cute, one of the cutest 'mons yet. Look at its eyes! The hair strands! The buck tooth! It's just so cute!

Spewpa - It's... okay. The pixel art style is intriguing, though not much to comment on otherwise. Second stages in 3 evo stages rarely strike much with me.

Vivillon - I like it. The pixely style the evo chain takes is interesting, and I hope we learn the significance of it. It's cute, and an appealing diversification of the generic earlygame bug, but unfortunately its typing is plain and it's almost guaranteed to be terrible. :(

Noivern - YES! Finally, a true wyvern Pokemon! I love wyverns, so I was very happy to finally see a wyvern Pokemon. People can say it's a bat all they want, I know a wyvern when I see one >:C It also has speaker ears, which is a cool twist on its design. Love its colour scheme. Too bad its type is not only vanilla, but also shared by many other Pokemon. I'm afraid it'll wind up being redundant. :(

Cont'd next post
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#56DarkHeroRavenPosted 6/20/2013 6:34:40 AM
Clauncher - Another crustacean. Okay. It's got the same design gimmick as Krabby, so it loses uniqueness points there. I don't think much of Clauncher, honestly. Will wait for its evo to judge.

Skrelp - I actually quite like Skrelp. It's unappealing, yes, but I actually think in Skrelp's case this makes it a good Pokemon - it's MEANT to be unappealing. It's meant to look like rotting kelp - and kelp doesn't look very nice to begin with. I look forward to seeing what its evo brings.

Litleo - It's cute and all, and a nice overall design (ears are a bit big, though), but it's not Litleo I'm excited about - it's the potential of its evolution! We might finally get a true lion Pokemon! Maybe with a mane that sets ablaze? Though that idea's been done before...

Flabebe - It's so cute! It's basically a little angel, which I like. Totally new idea for a Pokemon. I like its overall design, but there's not really a lot to comment on besides that. If it evolves, its evos could definitely be interesting.

Xerneas - I really like its design - colourful, majestic and powerful. It looks fit for a king indeed. Unfortunately, we know little about its lore, typing and battle capabilities, so as much as I'd love to, I can't comment on that just yet. I just know that its design is fantastic, and I hope its battle capability is worthy of that version legend title.

Yveltal - And here we are. Yveltal - my favourite Generation 6 design and overall favourite design in a Pokemon. I LOVE Yveltal, and I can't stress that enough. It has elements of a wyvern, an abolutely fantastic colour scheme from head to... er, tail hand, and one of the most imposing and downright fearful atmospheres of any Pokemon. I wish I could go on talking about it, but sadly, we know very little about it right now. I really can't wait to find out more about its lore and battle capability; it's probably the thing I'm most looking forward to this generation.

Well, those are my thoughts on all currently revealed Gen 6 mons.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#57KapuxaPosted 6/20/2013 6:36:17 AM
Really o.O? I've been finding each of them way better than the Gen 5 ones we got to see before the game was launched.
#58Mudkip43Posted 6/20/2013 6:39:46 AM
They all look great.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#59BrightStar7Posted 6/20/2013 6:42:37 AM
I love all of them except Skrelp. Its hideous and I don't like ugly Pokémon unless they're badass too (eg. Giratina).
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#60XazealPosted 6/20/2013 6:53:14 AM
Sorry, but some of you guys bashing TC really do come off as defensive fanboys. Not all of you, and I know you don't mean to, but yeah. Not everyone has to like everything, and sometimes, you may not agree with their reasons for disliking something, but that doesn't make their opinions any less valid.

Personally, I like almost all of the new pokes. I really don't like Yveltal, though. Why, I don't know.