This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you help me make a team for theInternationalFriendly with these 12 pokemon?

#1pacpuf7249Posted 6/19/2013 9:18:13 PM
OK I was average in the Winter Friendly with my story team (12W-19L) and kicked ass in the Spring Friendly (46W-14L, but thanks to Kyurem-W and keldeo). I want to repeat the latter in this tournament, but since now its Double battles, I'm not good at them. Especially good at making strategies.With my new Gliscor, its strong, but its hard to decide a role for him. I've spent the last 2 hours making different combinations while testing out Gliscor with the other teammates. But if there has been harmony and good strategies between the story team and the competitive team, they are now lost and forgotten. So I will describe my 12 prized EV'd Pokémon, so can you help me choose the best strategies within them and I politely ask the good active competitive fighters of this board if they can help me with this (and at the same time you get a peek at my strategies :P)

Any suggestions for move, item and EV replacements would be great and I would gladly appreciate and take them into consideration, just as long as they are good.

Gliscor (m) - Flying Gem/Toxic Orb/Focus Sash
Poison Heal
Adamant
252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 6 DEF
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake/Fling
-Protect
-Tailwind

Boy oh boy, what the hell am I to do with you? Supporting Sweeper lead? Stalling Sweeper? Suicide Support lead? All I know is he has useless SPDEF, unless in a Sandstorm. I thought Tailwind off of Dream World would be a blessing, but since he dies a lot as a lead, I thought Focus Sash would be good as a lead so it can work with Acrobatics well. I'm even reconsidering switching the speed ev's to hp or defense after reading the VGC'12 smogon analysis, making him bulkier and making extra speed redundant thanks to Tailwind. But without those speed ev's, I'm pretty much sure Tailwind cant even be used cause he'll die instantly, and if he's bulkier, Focus Sash may not even be needed, leaving me with an useless item I cant drop off unless somebody poisons me back to full health! Fling is just there in case I have to use Toxic Orb. Substitute can substitute (pun intended) Tailwind, but then it'll look too much like a defensive stall Gliscor, where as I want to kill with him. So here are the 2 best plans for him I have thought up, both being leads

With Flying Gem and Empoleon as partner:
Tailwind and Empoleon poisons me, so Gliscor can sweep or heal AND scout at the same time with Protect when in danger so I can switch the next turn while Empoleon does his walling thing.

With Flying Gem and Tyranitar as partner:
While being HUGE Surf targets at the same time, I hope the sand will help. Tailwind and Hone Claws to set up, unless there are some threats on the field. Progress to sweep.

Anyway, Tailwind works wonders with a lot of my pokemon, which are strong but slow. What do you think?

Tip: the next 5 pokemon I will list have EV's im not fully aware of, so ill just post their stats (lv100)

Emboar (m) - Flame Plate
Blaze
Naughty
HP:353 ATK:359 DEF:156 SPATK:237 SPDEF:133 SPD:162
-Flare Blitz
-Brick Break
-Flame/Wild Charge
-Flamethrower/Scald

Leavanny (f) - Scope Lens/Rocky Helmet
Swarm
Adamant
HP:294 ATK:303 DEF:188 SPATK:153 SPDEF:147 SPD:256
-X-scissor
-Leaf Blade
-Protect
-Swords Dance

Golduck (f) - Choice Specs/Scarf
Cloud Nine
Quiet
HP:282 ATK:215 DEF:182 SPATK:317 SPDEF:188 SPD:197
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Psychic
-Ice Beam

Krookodile (f) - Focus Sash/Expert Belt
Moxie
Naughty
HP:325 ATK:352 DEF:169 SPATK:155 SPDEF:159 SPD:252
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Outrage

Magnezone - Air Ballon
Steel Pull
Quiet
HP:282 ATK:151 DEF:270 SPATK:379 SPDEF:218 SPD:117
-Discharge
-Flash Cannon
-Thunder Wave
-Magnet Rise
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#2pacpuf7249(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 9:20:10 PM
Second Team (Competitive battles)

Golurk - Ghost Gem
Iron Fist
Brave
252 ATK/ 76 DEF/ 76 SPDEF/ 108 HP
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Thunder Punch

Yanmega (f) - Power Herb
Tinted Lens
Quirky
252 SPATK/ 252SPD/ 6 ATK
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Solarbeam
-U-turn

Tyranitar (f) - Fire Gem
Sand Stream
Quirky
252 ATK/ 200 SPATK/
-Fire Blast
-Rock Slide
-Payback
-Hone Claws

Mixed T-tar! Porting an original set of mine, I start using Hone Claws if usable in a safe situation,

Latias (f) - Focus Sash/Expert Belt
Levitate
Timid
252 SPATK/ 252 SPD/ 6 HP
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm Mind

Empoleon (m) - Leftovers
Torrent
Calm
252 SPDEF/ 252 HP/ 6 SPATK
-Scald
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
-Protect

Arcanine (f) - Sitrus Berry
Intimidate
Jolly
252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 6 HP
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Wild Charge

Sorry for making a description only for Gliscor, as Im tired and need to sleep. I only hope that the smartest players here can figure their roles by themselves

Remember, these 6 pokemon are a team itself, and the first 6 pokemon are another team!
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#3pacpuf7249(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:32:46 AM
please?
---