This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do so many people want so many pokemon to be fairy?

#1Zacks_FairPosted 6/19/2013 11:15:28 PM
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Fairy type or talk down on imagination. It's just, if so many old pokemon are fairy, it kind of loses the novelty. I know a lot of Pokemon could fit the bill, but do they really need the type?

Opinions?
---
Xerneas is Psychic/Rock, Yveltal Dark/Flying (speculation)
#2LexifoxPosted 6/19/2013 11:19:48 PM
Some because people feel they fit the typing, some because of the misguided notion that making a Pokemon this type makes it OU and then everyone will respect and fear it.

Then some are just jokes.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3wind64aPosted 6/19/2013 11:22:16 PM
I think giving random small and fluffy Pokémon the Fairy typing has become even more popular than GEN III REMAKES CONFIRMED, and yes the capital letters are necessary.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#4Zacks_Fair(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 11:29:17 PM
Lexifox posted...
Some because people feel they fit the typing, some because of the misguided notion that making a Pokemon this type makes it OU and then everyone will respect and fear it.

I didn't think there were joke ones weaved in there. Good point.

But fairy type isn't going to automatically make something OU
---
Xerneas is Psychic/Rock, Yveltal Dark/Flying (speculation)
#5WiiareVenomPosted 6/19/2013 11:39:21 PM
Zacks_Fair posted...
Lexifox posted...

I didn't think there were joke ones weaved in there. Good point.

They probably are looking at anything fairy like + The fairy egg group. I want Raichu to be fairy, Zoroark to get Moonblast, else wise, I don't care what old ones become fairy type or not.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#6LexifoxPosted 6/20/2013 12:04:45 AM
Zacks_Fair posted...

Yes, but when the Fairy type was announced the boards filled up with "omg jigglpuff can beat godchomp now yaaay".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7RDS1Posted 6/20/2013 12:44:21 AM
Zacks_Fair posted...

Hence, "misguided".
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)