This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone trying to stay away from knowing every pokemon before playing?

#1ranguroPosted 6/20/2013 3:01:35 AM
i kinda want to relive that feeling when i ran into a pokemon i never seen before. so i am going to play blindly. only looking up info on features not what new pokemon there are.
---
PSN: zoki-chan
#2mehmetskiPosted 6/20/2013 3:10:52 AM
yeah i only had that feeling during gen4...in all the other gens, i knew every pokemon before (except for the catching routes so it was kinda surprising to meet a chimecho on mt pyre)
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#3ranguro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 3:16:32 AM
i played pokemon red like right after it came out, i didnt know anything, bought the guide for silver and goldm i think i didnt buy the guide for emerald. thats the last game i played i think.
---
PSN: zoki-chan
#498_0_HeatPosted 6/20/2013 3:30:39 AM
yeap, the only ones i know are the first form starters, the 2 mascots, the new eevee and the big bird

I want everything else to be a surprise like when I first played pokemon red
---
"Fat Chicks need love too....but they gotta pay"
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/reality-what-kobe-sees.jpg
#5gren-aidPosted 6/20/2013 3:42:24 AM
I look at the Pokemon officially revealed, but I don't look at leaks. I'm not looking at the story, either.
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#6Aladdin2557Posted 6/20/2013 3:52:32 AM
I went in blind for the last few games and didn't enjoy it as much. When I was younger and played Red & Blue I was always watching the anime and reading everything I could find. This time I'm going to suck up every little bit of knowledge I can find on it.

I always find that you make lots of mistakes on your first playthrough anyway. I'm going to run through it once, then start again for a more 'perfect' game file.
#7ZerobahnPosted 6/20/2013 4:21:40 AM
I'm the opposite actually.

As someone who primarily chooses their Pokemon based on aesthetics, there's no way in hell i'm gonna train up a 'Mon not knowing if it's final evolution is godly or a straight up turd.
---
Factoring Hectopascals!!!
))<>((
#8XazealPosted 6/20/2013 5:34:36 AM
We're getting to that point where they've revealed so many Pokemon that I'm starting to consider staying away from Pokemon news until the game is released.

Maybe after next CoroCoro. I can handle a few more.

I'll probably say that next month, too.
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 6/20/2013 5:37:36 AM
I am.
I just want the starter evos to be released. Once that happens, I'm outta here until the game actually comes out.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#10ethanpaigePosted 6/20/2013 5:38:45 AM
Zerobahn posted...
I'm the opposite actually.

As someone who primarily chooses their Pokemon based on aesthetics, there's no way in hell i'm gonna train up a 'Mon not knowing if it's final evolution is godly or a straight up turd.

Same here, I base my in game team off of who I think looks the best. I do have some OCD stuff with it too, I can't have more than one of the same type, I can't have too many of the same color... that stuff bothers me for reasons I'm not quite sure of
---
---