This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone trying to stay away from knowing every pokemon before playing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. anyone trying to stay away from knowing every pokemon before playing?

User Info: ranguro

ranguro
3 years ago#1
i kinda want to relive that feeling when i ran into a pokemon i never seen before. so i am going to play blindly. only looking up info on features not what new pokemon there are.
PSN: zoki-chan

User Info: mehmetski

mehmetski
3 years ago#2
yeah i only had that feeling during gen4...in all the other gens, i knew every pokemon before (except for the catching routes so it was kinda surprising to meet a chimecho on mt pyre)
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon

User Info: ranguro

ranguro
3 years ago#3
i played pokemon red like right after it came out, i didnt know anything, bought the guide for silver and goldm i think i didnt buy the guide for emerald. thats the last game i played i think.
PSN: zoki-chan

User Info: 98_0_Heat

98_0_Heat
3 years ago#4
yeap, the only ones i know are the first form starters, the 2 mascots, the new eevee and the big bird

I want everything else to be a surprise like when I first played pokemon red
"Fat Chicks need love too....but they gotta pay"
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/reality-what-kobe-sees.jpg

User Info: gren-aid

gren-aid
3 years ago#5
I look at the Pokemon officially revealed, but I don't look at leaks. I'm not looking at the story, either.
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar

User Info: Aladdin2557

Aladdin2557
3 years ago#6
I went in blind for the last few games and didn't enjoy it as much. When I was younger and played Red & Blue I was always watching the anime and reading everything I could find. This time I'm going to suck up every little bit of knowledge I can find on it.

I always find that you make lots of mistakes on your first playthrough anyway. I'm going to run through it once, then start again for a more 'perfect' game file.

User Info: Zerobahn

Zerobahn
3 years ago#7
I'm the opposite actually.

As someone who primarily chooses their Pokemon based on aesthetics, there's no way in hell i'm gonna train up a 'Mon not knowing if it's final evolution is godly or a straight up turd.
Factoring Hectopascals!!!
))<>((

User Info: Xazeal

Xazeal
3 years ago#8
We're getting to that point where they've revealed so many Pokemon that I'm starting to consider staying away from Pokemon news until the game is released.

Maybe after next CoroCoro. I can handle a few more.

I'll probably say that next month, too.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#9
I am.
I just want the starter evos to be released. Once that happens, I'm outta here until the game actually comes out.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.

User Info: ethanpaige

ethanpaige
3 years ago#10
Zerobahn posted...
I'm the opposite actually.

As someone who primarily chooses their Pokemon based on aesthetics, there's no way in hell i'm gonna train up a 'Mon not knowing if it's final evolution is godly or a straight up turd.

Same here, I base my in game team off of who I think looks the best. I do have some OCD stuff with it too, I can't have more than one of the same type, I can't have too many of the same color... that stuff bothers me for reasons I'm not quite sure of
---
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. anyone trying to stay away from knowing every pokemon before playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived