This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone trying to stay away from knowing every pokemon before playing?

#11deevo117Posted 6/20/2013 6:26:14 AM
Yeah, as lame as it sounds, I like planning my team out.

It sounds dumb but when I play through the main game, I put in a good effort to use some hipster pokemonz, as in I hate using something if it's totally overused or if it seems like every trainer in the game has one.

Some of my favorites/strongest pokes in game have been pretty unconventional like Lumineon or Heatmor.

I once even managed to stick with a Sunflora for my entire playthrough of SS, which is a feat within itself.

But yeah I'll be keeping up with the pokemon releases as we get them.
---
Official Manectric of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#12trewerdPosted 6/20/2013 6:28:30 AM
I already feel like I know too much. It's okay to learn about features in the game, but we've already been shown twenty, TWENTY, new pokemon.
---
I like English dubs.
Waiting for Tales of Xillia, Project X Zone, PhoeniX Wright 5, and Pokemon X
#13ranguro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:01:29 PM
wow, never relized how many are known already. whats sad is that i keep feeling a strong erg to see what the starters turn into.
---
PSN: zoki-chan
#1498_0_HeatPosted 6/22/2013 7:02:54 PM
just take a step back and play black and white 2 in hopes you can transfer

I'm breeding some perfect babies
---
"Fat Chicks need love too....but they gotta pay"
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/reality-what-kobe-sees.jpg
#15EmeraldRangePosted 6/22/2013 8:43:30 PM
Zerobahn posted...
I'm the opposite actually.

As someone who primarily chooses their Pokemon based on aesthetics, there's no way in hell i'm gonna train up a 'Mon not knowing if it's final evolution is godly or a straight up turd.

I'm more opposite as I always look at a complete pokedex, research for about two weeks on bulbapedia and base stats and typing AND THEN play the game. I also have this goal of not catching more than 10 evolution lines.
---
Gamefreak better add a feature that can topple this fairy type.
#16ohnoyadontPosted 6/22/2013 8:46:33 PM
I want to but I don't know if I could resist. I only had that experience in gen 2 and 3, our great country still didn't have widespread access to the internetsss