This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Other wild Pokemon ideas.

#1gladwyn101Posted 6/20/2013 10:40:21 AM
With the addition of horde encounters, let's come up with some other wild pokemon variant encounters.

- Encounter with wild Pokemon that take a liking to you (can capture without fighting, but very rare).
- Encounter with Pokemon that have a status condition (sleeping Pokemon, Pokemon that are poisoned/paralyzed/burned and possibly be captured automatically if you opt to heal them rather than fight them, which boosted initial friendship rating).
- Extremely rare chance of wandering non-native or legendary Pokemon (which cannot be tracked and may be any Pokemon).
- Encounter with Pokemon of a level disproportionate with the surrounding area.
- Encounters with Pokemon that are not wild, but neither are they being commanded by a Trainer.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2Meta289Posted 6/20/2013 10:53:56 AM
gladwyn101 posted...

Even in Pokemon, F.O.E.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3erekwashere15Posted 6/20/2013 12:56:20 PM
Encounter with Flying types and Levitators while Surfing
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#4Defender31415Posted 6/20/2013 1:54:25 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
With the addition of horde encounters, let's come up with some other wild pokemon variant encounters.

- Encounters with Pokemon that are not wild, but neither are they being commanded by a Trainer.

I don't see how ths category is possible. If it isn't trainer-owned it is wild by default.
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#5gladwyn101(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 2:44:44 PM
Defender31415 posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

I don't see how ths category is possible. If it isn't trainer-owned it is wild by default.

What about Pokemon who are separated from their Trainer for various reasons including, but not limited to, the Pokemon ran away from its Trainer, the Pokemon was stolen from its Trainer, etc.

Also, I'm not familiar with the acronym F.O.E.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#6Defender31415Posted 6/20/2013 2:47:44 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
Defender31415 posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

What about Pokemon who are separated from their Trainer for various reasons including, but not limited to, the Pokemon ran away from its Trainer, the Pokemon was stolen from its Trainer, etc.

Oh. That might be possible then.
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#7PheonixFFire7Posted 6/20/2013 3:36:45 PM
gladwyn101 posted...

- Encounter with wild Pokemon that take a liking to you (can capture without fighting, but very rare).
- Encounter with Pokemon that have a status condition (sleeping Pokemon, Pokemon that are poisoned/paralyzed/burned and possibly be captured automatically if you opt to heal them rather than fight them, which boosted initial friendship rating).
- Extremely rare chance of wandering non-native or legendary Pokemon (which cannot be tracked and may be any Pokemon).

1) Kinda already exists. There are Pokemon that start off with higher base happiness than others. The capture without fighting element isn't there, but I don't know how much of an addition that is. Besides, we already have gift Pokemon that you receive without having to fight them.

2) GSC did this already to some extent. Headbutting trees at night would sometimes have wild sleeping Spearow (since they only appear during the day, so they're sleeping at night). I'm not sure how much sense wild poisoned/paralyzed/burned Pokemon make, but I'd definitely like to see the return of wild sleeping Pokemon based on their sleeping schedules. Its a cool way to make the world feel more "real".

3) I'm not really against it, but it's not something I'd really be thrilled about. Roamers are a pain in the ass as it is, even more so if you can't even track them.

4) Again, I'm not really against it. I wouldn't mind one way or the other.

5) Basically already done in B2/W2 with N's Pokemon. I wouldn't mind seeing them expand that with other trainers. Perhaps even make it so that wild Pokemon will appear in your game with trainer ID's from people you've linked with? Kinda like you're finding Pokemon that real people you've connected to have released.