This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the strongest ash

#31Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 2:01:56 AM
Sephirotht posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
DP ash isnt the strongest

where was charizard? where was snorlax?

biased much?

those are his 2 strongest pokemon. not biased at all.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#32SlimeStackPosted 6/21/2013 4:27:19 AM
Sinnoh. There's no contest.

In the anime, the Pokémon League is far above the orange league and the battle frontier. The writers gave him wins in those two because it doesn't get him closer to being a Pokémon master.

The Sinnoh League was the only time Ash got to the top 4 and he was the only one in the entire thing to knockout Tobias' Darkrai. Not only that, he beat Latias (or Latios...) too.

Ash was also smarter and more mature in the DP series that he's ever been in other series.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#33dwdwdw6Posted 6/21/2013 8:26:41 AM
Sephirotht posted...

biased much?

Infernape is as strong as them both, if not stronger. Also Sceptile.
#34RikkettikPosted 6/21/2013 8:55:52 AM
Sinnoh. They needed a Diabolus Ex Machina/Deus Ex Machina to stop him in the League, that should say enough. He did use Buizel against Kenny's Empoleon just before the League, but we can chalk that up to a brain fart, which can happen to the best of us.
#35bowser1985Posted 6/21/2013 8:58:40 AM
sabeta_sama posted...
Perhaps afterwords he'll go smashing in some Elite 4/Champions or even fighting some of those past tournament winners. (Like, a Pokemon League for Pokemon League Winners)

I think this is what several of the characters mean when they talk about a "champion league" or something to that effect in a couple of episodes late in the Sinnoh saga. That said, I agree, that totally needs to happen eventually.

As for the original topic, he was definitely strongest in Sinnoh. I haven't watched the entire Unova saga yet, but hearing about how he lost to some punk who was even more ditzy than he is just boggles the mind.
---
"It all starts with this....A jewel containing the ultimate power." -The great Shadow the Hedgehog
#36Sir WillPosted 6/21/2013 9:08:50 AM
Well, he had some strong pokemon, but yeah, the trainer himself, outside the actual battles, is a ditz. Both made some pretty stupid decisions about matchups during their battle.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#37thechaoticclownPosted 6/21/2013 9:22:35 AM
SInnoh Ash technically was second in the SInnoh league, because he did better against Tobias than the guy that got second place did.
Unova Ash was so terrible in comparison. Lost to a guy with 5 Pokemon, in the final 8.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbFLSfHqQ8
Favourite Zelda song from my favourite Zelda series scene.
#38Oblivion_HeroPosted 6/21/2013 12:14:44 PM
Sephirotht posted...

biased much?

At that point of time (Sinnoh Finals), that was VERY debatable. Charizard's prior appearances to SInnoh had it go from losing to Blaziken to taking down Articuno to being utterly clowned by a Dusclops. It's gotten physically stronger in its Unova appearance, but its moveset options arguably got worse (Dragon Tail's been working out well, but slash and wing attack, not as much), its best feat (beating Iris's Dragonite) has been done by Krookodile, and we don't know if it was as strong as it is now during the Sinnoh tourney. It's training constantly.

Snorlax doesn't have somewhat impressive clashes with legendaries like Sceptile , Heracross, Charizard, Pikachu and even Torkoal and Heracross ended up getting on its record. But it WAS used in the Sinnoh Tournament (DP 184, 2nd round, opening minutes of the episode).

His top group is *probably* some combination of Pikachu (typically end of season version), Charizard, Snorlax, Heracross, Sceptile, Infernape, and Krookodile.

But the point of Ash being at his best in Sinnoh is that he, as an overall trainer and strategist, was at his peak AND was willing to utilize his whole roster of pokemon for the tournament (including Snorlax being used). It doesn't necessarily matter if he has his roster of strongest pokemon if his character development has him herp-a-derp like he did against Elesa so he can't put together a strategy. Sinnoh thus far is the best blend of skill, intelligence and willingness to access pokemon as appropriate.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#39kclaujamesPosted 6/22/2013 5:09:35 AM
Oblivion_Hero posted...
Sephirotht posted...

biased much?

At that point of time (Sinnoh Finals), that was VERY debatable. Charizard's prior appearances to SInnoh had it go from losing to Blaziken to taking down Articuno to being utterly clowned by a Dusclops. It's gotten physically stronger in its Unova appearance, but its moveset options arguably got worse (Dragon Tail's been working out well, but slash and wing attack, not as much), its best feat (beating Iris's Dragonite) has been done by Krookodile, and we don't know if it was as strong as it is now during the Sinnoh tourney. It's training constantly.

Snorlax doesn't have somewhat impressive clashes with legendaries like Sceptile , Heracross, Charizard, Pikachu and even Torkoal and Heracross ended up getting on its record. But it WAS used in the Sinnoh Tournament (DP 184, 2nd round, opening minutes of the episode).

His top group is *probably* some combination of Pikachu (typically end of season version), Charizard, Snorlax, Heracross, Sceptile, Infernape, and Krookodile.

But the point of Ash being at his best in Sinnoh is that he, as an overall trainer and strategist, was at his peak AND was willing to utilize his whole roster of pokemon for the tournament (including Snorlax being used). It doesn't necessarily matter if he has his roster of strongest pokemon if his character development has him herp-a-derp like he did against Elesa so he can't put together a strategy. Sinnoh thus far is the best blend of skill, intelligence and willingness to access pokemon as appropriate.

A bit off-topic:

Clearly the directors of the Sinnoh arc were also the most intelligent and skillful among directors of all arcs. It was the best arc in the Pokemon series thus far, in my opinion. I doubt we will ever see this level of vigor in the anime ever again, but I will reserve myself for the Kalos arc.
#40RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/22/2013 5:23:18 AM
Freaking. Sinnoh. Ash was good enough to carry the show for once. I actually watched because of how good he had gotten.

Then, in for god knows why, they destroyed all that character growth in BW. Face it - we watched it for Black Shirt Team Rocket. When they went white again, we stopped watching. I haven't seen an episode since then.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge