This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel about this.

#1AzurinaiPosted 6/20/2013 7:16:20 PM
About introducing a fairy pokemon, that when encountered, replaces an egg you have on you with one of its own, this would be the only way to get its "baby" form. This pokemon would be on the route where the daycare is, but have a low chance of appearing (like chansey in platinum)
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#2NessEggmanPosted 6/20/2013 7:17:18 PM
No.

What if you randomly encountered it with a once-only egg the game gives you because you didn't know about this thing's existence :\
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#3NessEggmanPosted 6/20/2013 7:18:19 PM
Also, why would it only give that special baby form egg through this 'trick'? Why not through breeding? Why would it only have that egg in the wild and then swap it with random passers-by??
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#4wind64aPosted 6/20/2013 7:19:15 PM
I'd make it common, but only when you have an egg in your party. Otherwise it sounds interesting.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#5Azurinai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:19:41 PM
NessEggman posted...
No.

What if you randomly encountered it with a once-only egg the game gives you because you didn't know about this thing's existence :\

Name is ironic considering the nature of the topic.

Anyway, chances are, if you wanted to hatch that egg, you'd be on the path that has no encounters so that shouldn't be an issue.
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
#6wind64aPosted 6/20/2013 7:21:00 PM
NessEggman posted...
Also, why would it only give that special baby form egg through this 'trick'? Why not through breeding? Why would it only have that egg in the wild and then swap it with random passers-by??

It would be based on changelings, one type of mythological fairy.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#7Azurinai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:21:58 PM
NessEggman posted...

It won't breed normally, simple, and there are some fairy tales of snatching babies and doing god knows what with them, while leaving something else behind.
---
#8Azurinai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:23:02 PM
wind64a posted...
I'd make it common, but only when you have an egg in your party. Otherwise it sounds interesting.

Ah, that would make sense.
---
#9RDS1Posted 6/20/2013 7:25:09 PM
I would wonder why they don't steal my Chansey's egg so the next time she uses Softboiled a little baby Pokemon would come out and beat her up.

Or why they don't steal one of my Exeggcute's heads.

Or why they don't steal my Lucky Egg.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#10Azurinai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:30:53 PM
RDS1 posted...
I would wonder why they don't steal my Chansey's egg so the next time she uses Softboiled a little baby Pokemon would come out and beat her up.

Or why they don't steal one of my Exeggcute's heads.

Or why they don't steal my Lucky Egg.

1. Because that would be wierd and remove the reliability of healing for that move. Anyway, the eggs boiled anyway, still food.

2. It's clearly already hatched, broken, and it's a seed.

3. I'd assume that the luck inherent from that egg, in addition coming from a fairy like creature in the first place, would prevent that from happening.
---