This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel about this.

#21wind64aPosted 6/20/2013 7:53:02 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Because... it's easier to head in a straight line from one end of the road to the other than to actively avoid the grass?

Strange, I've never had problems with the grass on the daycare route, and I've hatched a ton of eggs there.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#22The_Undying_84Posted 6/20/2013 7:54:25 PM
Azurinai posted...
NessEggman posted...
No.

What if you randomly encountered it with a once-only egg the game gives you because you didn't know about this thing's existence :\

Name is ironic considering the nature of the topic.

Anyway, chances are, if you wanted to hatch that egg, you'd be on the path that has no encounters so that shouldn't be an issue.

Not really, I don't breed really and when I get in game eggs I just carry out my normal business as I hatch it.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#23FuneralCakePosted 6/20/2013 7:56:20 PM
Okay, wait... This Pokemon appears in the grass and not just randomly on the route itself? Because the way I read it, it seemed like just randomly one of your eggs would be replaced while you're on the route, no matter what you're doing.

If it's a Pokemon that you have to encounter by running through grass, then sure, this is fine.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#24Azurinai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:59:13 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Azurinai posted...
NessEggman posted...
No.

What if you randomly encountered it with a once-only egg the game gives you because you didn't know about this thing's existence :\

Name is ironic considering the nature of the topic.

Anyway, chances are, if you wanted to hatch that egg, you'd be on the path that has no encounters so that shouldn't be an issue.

Not really, I don't breed really and when I get in game eggs I just carry out my normal business as I hatch it.

Which means that outside of maybe 3 patches of grass barring your exit from the route, you'd never have to worry about it.

@FuneralCake there are nearly 30x3 tiles of road infront of the daycare before heading further left nets you some tall grass. There should be no reason why you'd be unable to do small 30x3 circuits on the road
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#25wind64aPosted 6/20/2013 8:00:54 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Okay, wait... This Pokemon appears in the grass and not just randomly on the route itself? Because the way I read it, it seemed like just randomly one of your eggs would be replaced while you're on the route, no matter what you're doing.

If it's a Pokemon that you have to encounter by running through grass, then sure, this is fine.

That's the idea, hence why encounter rates would be boosted when you have an egg.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#26Azurinai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 8:01:47 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Yes, a 50% chance, when encountered (you encounter pokemon in tall grass usually) roads are exempt.

Well, at least that's cleared up.
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#27Meta289Posted 6/20/2013 8:01:56 PM
I think that a better idea would be that you randomly get its egg from the Daycare instead of the egg of the Pokemon you're supposed to get.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#28RDS1Posted 6/20/2013 8:03:39 PM
Meta289 posted...
I think that a better idea would be that you randomly get its egg from the Daycare instead of the egg of the Pokemon you're supposed to get.

In that case, shouldn't it hatch into a little Day-Care Man?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#29wind64aPosted 6/20/2013 8:03:55 PM
Meta289 posted...

That would make breeding even more tedious and annoying. It would become the single most hated Pokémon immediately. T_T
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]