This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should it become a fairy type day 4. Ninetails

#1Ubergeneral3Posted 6/20/2013 7:55:14 PM
Should Ninetails become part fairy? - Results (233 votes)
Yes
35.19% (82 votes)
No
64.81% (151 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Our first non duel type.

Ninetails has always need cool and msyical. Ninetails can learn psychic, weird huh?

Anyways, she always seems to be lacking statwise, so how would you feel about her being part fairy?
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.
#2ShariadarowPosted 6/20/2013 8:00:08 PM
Before the existence of Fairy, I always felt Ninetales should have at least had Psychic or Ghost as it's second type. Now that Fairy exists, I see it as just as fitting as those two, and I'd like to see it happen. It's one of my favourite pokemon, and I've always liked that it's had other qualities and moves that make it not seem like a pure Fire type.
#3wind64aPosted 6/20/2013 8:06:19 PM
Ninetales is my favorite Pokémon, and I'd be quite happy to use something besides HP Ice against dragons.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#4hotrodneptune32Posted 6/20/2013 8:12:21 PM
I don't see it as fitting, but meh. If Game Freak decides to make Ninetails a Fairy type then they do and there's nothing else to be said.
---
(Un)Official Sephiroth of KHIII board
#5ShariadarowPosted 6/20/2013 8:17:28 PM
hotrodneptune32 posted...
I don't see it as fitting, but meh. If Game Freak decides to make Ninetails a Fairy type then they do and there's nothing else to be said.

Why not, really? Ninetales is supposed to be a mystical creature, known for living for a very long time and possessing strange abilities. Stuff like cursing people who touch their tails, psychic abilities, and the like. I think it's pretty clear they're not really a pure Fire type, and as I said, before I would have thought Psychic, or Ghost, it's just that now there is a type that could actually embody those qualities.

Plus, if that leak was correct about Mawile becoming Steel/Fairy, Ninetales also being based off of a yokai would make it a possibility, and would show off better that Fairy types aren't all like JigglyPuff, Marill, or Sylveon.
#6ZTIger5Posted 6/20/2013 8:19:26 PM
Psychic makes more sense personally, but it could happen.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#7gamermasterwizPosted 6/20/2013 8:37:27 PM
It already has Psychic in it. Do you honestly think that they'll remove a type and replace it with another one TC?
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#8ShariadarowPosted 6/20/2013 8:53:46 PM
gamermasterwiz posted...
It already has Psychic in it. Do you honestly think that they'll remove a type and replace it with another one TC?

....Except it doesn't? In fact, if it did have Psychic as it's second type, we wouldn't even have this poll, I think. Part of the reason why people like myself kind of hope for them to add Fairy type to it, is because this is about the only shot it has of getting a second type unless they start changing other types too. While this may be an opportunity to make Ninetales into Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Ghost, it is unlikely that they will change types unless Fairy is involved, and as Fairy can fit it, it's better to hope for that that anything else, because that at least is a possibility.
#9hotrodneptune32Posted 6/20/2013 9:00:08 PM
Shariadarow posted...

Why not, really? Ninetales is supposed to be a mystical creature, known for living for a very long time and possessing strange abilities. Stuff like cursing people who touch their tails, psychic abilities, and the like. I think it's pretty clear they're not really a pure Fire type, and as I said, before I would have thought Psychic, or Ghost, it's just that now there is a type that could actually embody those qualities.

Plus, if that leak was correct about Mawile becoming Steel/Fairy, Ninetales also being based off of a yokai would make it a possibility, and would show off better that Fairy types aren't all like JigglyPuff, Marill, or Sylveon.

I dunno really. I guess I'm basing it off of Ninetails getting Drought as a Secret Ability. That in itself was a powerful boost. But from your post, I can see why they might make it a Fairy.
---
(Un)Official Sephiroth of KHIII board
#10ShariadarowPosted 6/20/2013 9:05:10 PM
Shariadarow posted...

I dunno really. I guess I'm basing it off of Ninetails getting Drought as a Secret Ability. That in itself was a powerful boost. But from your post, I can see why they might make it a Fairy.

As Fire typed based as Drought is, lore-wise at least, I see it as possibly being an example of a curse. While I can't think of any specific examples of kitsune causing that particular curse, there seems to be a common association in mythology between droughts and curses from gods, the end result usually being crop failure. On the other hand, oddly enough they are associated with rain somewhat instead, at least during their weddings.

It's Ninetales by the way, as in nine separate stories, due to it's mythical nature.