This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should it become a fairy type day 4. Ninetails

#11MasajubPosted 6/20/2013 9:09:30 PM
Ninetales learning Psychic is not evidence that it should become a Fairy-type.

If anything it is evidence it should be a Psychic type.
#12Ubergeneral3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 11:22:23 PM
Shariadarow posted...
gamermasterwiz posted...
It already has Psychic in it. Do you honestly think that they'll remove a type and replace it with another one TC?

....Except it doesn't? In fact, if it did have Psychic as it's second type, we wouldn't even have this poll.

False. If it was part psychic, even more convinced that it should go fairy. I think many duel types are going to change, most of which are psychic. If gamefreak is going to make a new type, there needs to be a ton of them. And that doesn't mean make half of gen 6 fairy.

hotrodneptune32 posted...

I dunno really. I guess I'm basing it off of Ninetails getting Drought as a Secret Ability. That in itself was a powerful boost. But from your post, I can see why they might make it a Fairy.

Drought is a different issue all together. I don't like how weather works. The gen 5 metagame is just weather wars. I hope drought gets reworked in X and Y. That said Ninetails might lose a lot of power in gen 6.

Masajub posted...
Ninetales learning Psychic is not evidence that it should become a Fairy-type.

If anything it is evidence it should be a Psychic type.

I didn't say it did or was. I used that point to say that it has mystical qualities.
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.
#13slimeonastickPosted 6/21/2013 12:11:18 AM
while I would love for my favorite pokemon to be super effective against dragons, I think it's not very fairy-like, or fae-like.

it's based on the nine-tailed fox, which when you get down to it, may as well either have been dark or ghost type lol (guess that's why we got the dark foxes in Gen V)
#14ShariadarowPosted 6/21/2013 1:05:28 AM
slimeonastick posted...
while I would love for my favorite pokemon to be super effective against dragons, I think it's not very fairy-like, or fae-like.

it's based on the nine-tailed fox, which when you get down to it, may as well either have been dark or ghost type lol (guess that's why we got the dark foxes in Gen V)

Ghost would be closer than Dark, Dark only represents the Nogitsune, which Zorua and Zoroark are based off of, wild foxes that play tricks more than anything else. Vulpix and Ninetales are more akin to Myobu, holy foxes that watch over shrines and assist people, the polar opposite.

The thing is though, Ghost, Psychic, or Fairy could match both Ninetales as well as Zoroark, both have the same basis, the difference is Ninetales takes after foxfire while Zoroark takes the illusion aspect, both are based around magic.

On the Psychic thing, you may be correct, after all some people, myself included, suspect that the fairy legendaries(Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini) may gain Fairy as a dual type, replacing Psychic for all of them except for Mew and Manaphy.
#15fuzi11Posted 6/21/2013 5:35:18 AM
Ninetales and Zoroark are basically both based on mythical Fox creatures. But I'd rather give Zoroark the fairytyping rather than Ninetales.

Ninteales is too much fox too me to consider it a fairy, while Zoroark is really a humanoid fox and with that I consider it more of a fairy.

I don't know. it just feels that way
#16fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 5:39:08 AM
Ninetales is Kyuubi,
Kyuubi is Kurama,
Kurama is a demon fox,
How can this be a fairy type.
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?
#17iKhanicPosted 6/21/2013 6:09:57 AM
Who's Ninetails?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#18fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 6:21:14 AM
iKhanic posted...
Who's Ninetails?

Kyuubi no Kitsune... literally Ninetails Demon Fox
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?
#19ShariadarowPosted 6/21/2013 8:02:59 AM
fedartz posted...
iKhanic posted...
Who's Ninetails?

Kyuubi no Kitsune... literally Ninetails Demon Fox

There is no demon in there. At all.

Kyuubi means nine-tailed, kitsune just means fox, and "no" is what combines it together, so literally it means nine-tailed fox.

The thing is, kitsune are yokai, which are approximately the Japanese equivalent to Fae(And yes, I'm aware that there is a literal Japanese word for Fairy as well, however I'm talking the more broad meaning of Fae), supernatural beings that are alien to humans, and that may or may not bring harm to them. Mawile, Froslass, and possibly Absol(as it may be based off of the Hakutaku) are all also yokai, Mawile shows the trickery often associated with Fae, Froslass the cruelty, and Absol shows the benign side. While Zoroark would lean more closely to the Mawile style, Ninetales represents the side that isn't inherently harmful, much like European Fae there is a range that can be found.

I'll say this. If that leak was correct and Mawile becomes Steel/Fairy, I'll be more than a little surprised if Ninetales doesn't get the same treatment, and possibly Zoroark as well.
#20ShariadarowPosted 6/21/2013 8:10:37 AM
fuzi11 posted...
Ninetales and Zoroark are basically both based on mythical Fox creatures. But I'd rather give Zoroark the fairytyping rather than Ninetales.

Ninteales is too much fox too me to consider it a fairy, while Zoroark is really a humanoid fox and with that I consider it more of a fairy.

I don't know. it just feels that way

So a pokemon can't be a fairy unless it's humanoid? What kind of reasoning is that? Are pokemon not allowed to be a Dragon type unless they have wings?

The common identifier for Dragon types is looking fierce, usually large, and usually reptilian. For Fairy, it could easily be anything that looks sufficiently magical, which Gardevoir embodies pretty clearly, i think, as does Ninetales.