This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should it become a fairy type day 4. Ninetails

#21fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 8:20:04 AM
Shariadarow posted...
Kyuubi means nine-tailed, kitsune just means fox, and "no" is what combines it together, so literally it means nine-tailed fox.

Hmmm...okay (Damn that naruto fanbase website)

The thing is, kitsune are yokai, which are approximately the Japanese equivalent to Fae(And yes, I'm aware that there is a literal Japanese word for Fairy as well, however I'm talking the more broad meaning of Fae), supernatural beings that are alien to humans, and that may or may not bring harm to them. Mawile, Froslass, and possibly Absol(as it may be based off of the Hakutaku) are all also yokai, Mawile shows the trickery often associated with Fae, Froslass the cruelty, and Absol shows the benign side. While Zoroark would lean more closely to the Mawile style, Ninetales represents the side that isn't inherently harmful, much like European Fae there is a range that can be found.

Okay, yokai is Fae and Fairy is Fae.

I'll say this. If that leak was correct and Mawile becomes Steel/Fairy, I'll be more than a little surprised if Ninetales doesn't get the same treatment, and possibly Zoroark as well.

Mawile is okay. But Ninetales and Zoroark should stay like they're.
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?
#22gamermasterwizPosted 6/22/2013 8:22:19 PM
Shariadarow posted...
gamermasterwiz posted...
It already has Psychic in it. Do you honestly think that they'll remove a type and replace it with another one TC?

....Except it doesn't? In fact, if it did have Psychic as it's second type, we wouldn't even have this poll, I think. Part of the reason why people like myself kind of hope for them to add Fairy type to it, is because this is about the only shot it has of getting a second type unless they start changing other types too. While this may be an opportunity to make Ninetales into Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Ghost, it is unlikely that they will change types unless Fairy is involved, and as Fairy can fit it, it's better to hope for that that anything else, because that at least is a possibility.

-__- . yeah my bad then. I just found out now.

I barely use this Pokemon so I thought it was part psychic...hmm I dunno. I still hope not.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#23CharizardFirePosted 6/22/2013 9:04:53 PM
I never heard of a Pokémon named Ninetails.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#24TherianReturnsPosted 6/22/2013 9:48:46 PM
Five generations and fifteen years later, English speakers still misspell Ninetales. That's weird to me.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#25ShariadarowPosted 6/23/2013 11:09:08 PM
gamermasterwiz posted...
Shariadarow posted...
gamermasterwiz posted...
It already has Psychic in it. Do you honestly think that they'll remove a type and replace it with another one TC?

....Except it doesn't? In fact, if it did have Psychic as it's second type, we wouldn't even have this poll, I think. Part of the reason why people like myself kind of hope for them to add Fairy type to it, is because this is about the only shot it has of getting a second type unless they start changing other types too. While this may be an opportunity to make Ninetales into Fire/Psychic, or Fire/Ghost, it is unlikely that they will change types unless Fairy is involved, and as Fairy can fit it, it's better to hope for that that anything else, because that at least is a possibility.

-__- . yeah my bad then. I just found out now.

I barely use this Pokemon so I thought it was part psychic...hmm I dunno. I still hope not.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it should be Psychic, or Ghost even. The fact is though, if they're going to change types AT ALL, it will likely only be pokemon retconned to be fairy. And since Fairy could represent Ninetales fairly well, I'm hoping it happens to give it a type change. As I keep saying, part Fire may be fine, but it never should have been pure Fire.

And yes, it is rather funny that no one can spell it correctly. I just had to point out to someone I know earlier today that he was spelling it wrong, and he had no idea he'd had it wrong all these years.