This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Turtle pokemon

#11Radbot42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 9:22:18 AM
he looks like a turtle to me, has a shell that he can go in and out of, has multiple holes for all his limbs. turtle
---
This is my NIGHTMARE!
#12Solar_CrimsonPosted 6/21/2013 9:30:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endolith
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#13XazealPosted 6/21/2013 9:31:59 AM
Shuckle is not a turtle.

And Sudowoodo is not a tree. That fact is essentially the entire point of its existence.
#14Radbot42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 9:43:21 AM
well with what he technically is they could have made him look like anything, but they made him look like a turtle. There are other people who will agree and disagree, but I say he is a turtle, not your typical turtle, but yes a turtle.
---
This is my NIGHTMARE!
#15KillerMechanoidPosted 6/21/2013 9:45:38 AM
Shuckle's an Endolith while Sudowoodo is based off petrified wood.
#16Sir WillPosted 6/21/2013 10:44:27 AM
He's not a turtle but he does look like one (and yeah I thought of his as one until I just now read whathe actually is) so if he's close enough for his turtle team then so be it.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#17Null_MimePosted 6/21/2013 10:47:52 AM
Torkoal is a tortoise.
---
PSN: NullMime
Pawn: Cecilia | 200 | Mage
#18jayman7Posted 6/21/2013 10:49:18 AM
Null_Mime posted...
Torkoal is a tortoise.

If you want to get that pedantic, then Tirtouga is the only turtle we have; the Squirtle and Turtwig lines are tortoises too.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#19monpoke3Posted 6/21/2013 10:54:49 AM
I count it all in for the fact that I want a team of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle based on Pokemon but that said there is no Donatello unless one of them has a shiny of form that is purple
---
CRIMSON VANE!!
#20Faust_8Posted 6/21/2013 10:55:21 AM
From bulbapedia:

"Shuckle seems to be based on an endolith, an organism that lives inside porous rocks or animal shells or possibly an abalone. Fungi, also known as mold, are common endoliths; this explains why Shuckle is the mold Pokémon. It may also be based on scale insects – small, shelled parasites that produce a sweet fluid called honeydew that attracts other insects. Shuckle may have been based on a variety of mollusks, as it shares some characteristics with them. Some examples of the similar characteristics are the shell, muscular and limp-seeming feet, the use of acids to receive food or to break down obstacles, likes fermented foods, and both also live close to the water. It may also be based on turtles or tortoises, appearance-wise."

That last line looks like it was added just because. It shares no characteristics except the shell.

Its body shape, head, and limbs are nothing like a turtle, nor do I think any turtle Pokemon would ever be Bug type because they're, you know, not bugs. And like it says, Shuckle is the mold Pokemon.
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.