This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite journey of Ash's?

#1AzardeaPosted 6/21/2013 6:02:30 AM
Best region in the anime? - Results (76 votes)
Kanto
28.95% (22 votes)
Orange Islands
6.58% (5 votes)
Johto
7.89% (6 votes)
Hoenn
22.37% (17 votes)
Sinnoh
32.89% (25 votes)
Unova
1.32% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As for me, Sinnoh. He had the best Pokémon and the best traveling companions, in my opinion. The Team Galactic and Hunter J stories were really exciting, especially for Pokémon. I liked Paul more than Gary and especially Trip. Of course, Team Rocket were annoying as always, but then again, when are they not?
#2fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 6:14:05 AM
When will his journey to search his missing father starts? I want to know who his father is.
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?
#3Gray_AreasPosted 6/21/2013 6:18:46 AM
fedartz posted...
When will his journey to search his missing father starts? I want to know who his father is.

inb4Giovanni
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#4deathbycookiesPosted 6/21/2013 6:20:45 AM
Hoenn was awesome
Sinnoh comes in a CLOSE second (best companions)
but hoenn had the battle frontier no? or was it re-located to kanto?
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#5bowser1985Posted 6/21/2013 6:27:05 AM(edited)
I have to go with Kanto. Things felt so much more like real life back then. He was a new trainer exploring the world. You just don't get the same stories anymore like back then. Nowadays you can almost predict what'll happen in every episode.

I missed the quality of the old days, as nostalgic as it sounds. Never mind the fact he NEVER wins a pokemon league tournament. >_> I mean, Kanto was an honest loss. He put his faith in the wrong pokemon. But in Sinnoh he outright gets stomped by legendaries??? That's like saying God doesn't want him to win! Left a sour taste in my mouth.

EDIT: Despite that epic loss, Sinnoh gets a close second if only for Piplup. That poor thing got abused so much during that season. The strategies used were also pretty fun to watch.
---
"It all starts with this....A jewel containing the ultimate power." -The great Shadow the Hedgehog
#6Gray_AreasPosted 6/21/2013 6:28:53 AM(edited)
bowser1985 posted...
I have to go with Kanto. Things felt so much more like real life back then. He was a new trainer exploring the world. You just don't get the same stories anymore like back then. Nowadays you can almost predict what'll happen in every episode.

I missed the quality of the old days, as nostalgic as it sounds. Never mind the fact he NEVER wins a pokemon league tournament. >_> I mean, Kanto was an honest loss. He put his faith in the wrong pokemon. But in Sinnoh he outright gets stomped by legendaries??? That's like saying God doesn't want him to win! Left a sour taste in my mouth.

I kind of agree. It was one thing for that guy to have Darkrai, but once Ash managed to beat that, it seems like the writers couldn't think of a real reason for him to lose so they just threw in a Latios for good measure.

I personally enjoyed his journey through Johto the most. I thought it was kind of neat that he was having a similar experience to the rest of us back then (as in most players were also starting a new journey in this new land at the same time). But now Ash is just kind of boring. Honestly the show is called Pokemon and that's what it should be about. Not Ash. They should change MCs every new region (excluding filler).
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#7Shadow_StarWolfPosted 6/21/2013 6:29:31 AM
I'm honestly torn between Sinnoh and Hoenn.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#8Shadow_StarWolfPosted 6/21/2013 6:30:20 AM
bowser1985 posted...

EDIT: Despite that epic loss, Sinnoh gets a close second if only for Piplup. That poor thing got abused so much during that season. The strategies used were also pretty fun to watch.

...quality? lol

Kanto was pretty much very generic. Hoenn is where they actually tried their best since Ash is now the "experienced" one. Where have you seen that in most shonen shows?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#9fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 6:34:30 AM
In Kanto, he lose the battle because Charizard sleeps. -1 points

In Johto, he lose to Blaziken. -1 points

In Hoenn, he wins the Battle Frontier. +2 points

In Sinnoh, he loses to Darkrai user, but it was cool. +2 points

In Unova, Pikachu lose to water monkey. Very lame. - 4 points
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?
#10bowser1985Posted 6/21/2013 6:38:32 AM
Maybe quality was the wrong word to use. What I meant was it felt much easier to immerse yourself in the story back then. It felt so much more like "this is the real world, the pokemon are merely animals in it." That essence seemed to have changed somewhere between Johto and Hoenn.
---
"It all starts with this....A jewel containing the ultimate power." -The great Shadow the Hedgehog