This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite journey of Ash's?

#11fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 6:52:05 AM
bowser1985 posted...
That essence seemed to have changed somewhere between Johto and Hoenn.

Since they introduce the Weather Trio. Before that everything feels peaceful.
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?
#12Shadow_StarWolfPosted 6/21/2013 7:12:06 AM
bowser1985 posted...
Maybe quality was the wrong word to use. What I meant was it felt much easier to immerse yourself in the story back then. It felt so much more like "this is the real world, the pokemon are merely animals in it." That essence seemed to have changed somewhere between Johto and Hoenn.

Eh, I'd say it's as "immersive" as your average shonen story. You just felt immersed because you were part of the target audience back then.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#13bowser1985Posted 6/21/2013 7:14:41 AM
Could be. It was certainly fun back in the day. So sad we have to grow up. XD
---
"It all starts with this....A jewel containing the ultimate power." -The great Shadow the Hedgehog
#14Terrene07Posted 6/21/2013 7:22:28 AM
Hoenn.
---
Official Aeleus of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
#15RikkettikPosted 6/21/2013 8:18:45 AM
Even though it was basically filler, I loved the Orange Islands. Although Tracey didn't do a damn thing, he was a nice change of pace from Brock who would eventually come back anyway. The gyms were cool, really doing things differently than normal gyms, and the fight against Drake was absolutely epic. The whole tropical archipelago setting was great too, gave the whole journey a nice and relaxed feeling. And now that I think of it, I remember being quite thrilled about the relatively large amount of "ship tease" between Ash and Misty when I was younger, haha.

Sinnoh comes in second place, with its great character development for both Ash and Dawn. Too bad the season just lasted at least 50 episodes too long.

Kanto is third, mainly because of nostalgia and because the show was really quirky back then, the humor being a bit more mature than you would expect from Pokémon.

Here's where it gets difficult. I can't decide which season is worse: Johto or Unova. Johto took way, way too long, but Best Wishes suffers from bad characters (Ash, Iris, Trip, Cameron).

I haven't seen Advanced Generation, so I don't know how good or bad that was.
#16shagohad3Posted 6/21/2013 8:35:49 AM
I'd say Kanto because I remember that most. What I find funny is the only league win, excluding the battle frontier, he got was in a league not present in the games
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#17fedartzPosted 6/21/2013 8:40:42 AM
Rikkettik posted...
I haven't seen Advanced Generation, so I don't know how good or bad that was.

One of my favorite show because May in it.
---
I'm a Ditto...I'm soft and fugly. Want to breed with me?