This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People are completely overreacting to the Fairy type.

#31bd43Posted 6/23/2013 5:05:52 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
What I find most annoying about it is how people seem to think everything should be Fairy type now. I've heard suggestions to change the type of, or give a Fairy evolution to, at least 100 Pokemon at this point, it's ridiculous.

this so much

Except it isn't ridiculous. 18 types, about 800 pokemon, likely less than 200 being added, and you don't want a dominating amount of those in gen 6.

Obviously there isn't a hundred changes to be made, but a wide discussion is fair when we should see at least 40-50 of the type and 2-3 dozen changes.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#32GalladetheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 6:22:11 PM
Gsus_94 posted...
Actually, i'm not referring to anything you've said--in fact, i didn't read any of what anybody has said before this. Im referring to what TC said about the fairy type in his original post--"An additional counter in the form of a small number of Pokémon (even less will be competent in battle) will serve to slightly weaken Dragons, but not gimp them."

TC's not giving credit to the many pokemon that will most likely get a fairy type move that further "gimps" the dragon type. Yeah, I know this isn't the "end of the dragon type," but those fairy type pokemon that are "incompetent" won't matter when you have physical and special sweepers from previous generations with a new type of attack that help check and counter dragons more easily.

It's not going to be anything major, which is the actual point of this topic.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#33LaManoNeraIIPosted 6/23/2013 6:35:33 PM
I personally think the new Fairy type is great. It's always exciting getting a new type. I almost have that giddy feeling I had way back when I was just a little turd salivating over every new piece of info on Gold/Silver I could get my hands on.

You better believe me and my Wigglytuff are going to carve a path of destruction through this new region- and leave no survivors.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#34teamaquashockPosted 6/23/2013 6:50:07 PM
Whenever people say Fairies are girly, I question them on why they think that, because from what I know, from mythologies and such, they were some demons and magical creatures that were like, peaceful or either deadly in a way.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#35DuncanwiiPosted 6/23/2013 8:01:25 PM
fissionprimer posted...
All of the confirmed fairy type pokemon are very girly.

Game Freak is implying that fairy type is for girls.

And not true, dragon has very feminine pokemon like Dragonair and Altaria and Horsea last evo.

How is Kingdra in any way feminine? Heck, it even has "King" in its name!
---
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario
#36SilverSockPosted 6/24/2013 1:57:43 AM
Dragons will not be destroyed by this type; enough of them have amazing stat distributions and movepools to withstand worse than this and remain solid competitive fighters. However, if Fairy truly is immune to dragon, one must admit it is a significant knock.

A resistance is one thing; a Pokemon with high enough attack/boosts fighting something with low enough defenses can still plow through a resistance. An immunity, though, severely hurts the safety of using Dragon moves.

Gone is the type that can boost up to hit anything but Steel types hard with a single attack. People will have to think twice before throwing a Dragon move out there, which really hurts part of what made Dragon so great on offense in the first place.

It is foolish to think Dragon types will be demolished by Fairy types completely, and people may be overreacting, but I think some reaction is justified. The first new type since gen 2 is a big deal!
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
#37game2002Posted 6/24/2013 10:36:51 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Accrovideogames posted...
According to your failed logic, ice and water are two completely distinct things because they are separate types in Pokémon. In the real world, ghosts are a type of fairies.

No need to be upset. Seeing your posts, you seem to be putting any supernatural creature under the moniker of fairy. I'm not sure why a ghost would be a kind of fairy, but whatever. Ditto with a werewolf.

Anyway, most cultures take demons and fairies as separate beings. A succubus is a kind of sexual demon. I think we could reach an agreement at least on that one.

Exactly what he said... Going by Accrovideogames logic, "fairy" is a catch-all term for anything supernatural... That's going way too overboard... Santa Claus, Satan, and God are all being fairies?! I don't want to start a religious argument with the latter two, but to even claim that Santa Claus is a fairy is... You might as well call yetis, the Loch Ness monster, dragons, and phoenixes fairies too...
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#38ThatGuyZPosted 6/24/2013 10:42:37 PM
Yes, people are overreacting to the Fairy type:

-The ones who are for it cannot shut the hell up about it and are trying to say every bloody thing needs it and will completely change up the Mon's usage even though we have no bloody idea what resists it or all it beats.

-The ones who says it sucks because it's girly, lame, or what the freak ever people are saying nowadays are just outright bashing for the sake of bashing...the same crap we've seen for the past 5 Gens...>_>

Either way, the whole Fairy-type debacle has been an annoyance rather than a nice revelation...and that's primarily because this fanbase is such ****...
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#39RPCShadowclawPosted 6/25/2013 2:50:26 AM
Honestly, the only changes I see from the new Fairy Type are these:

- Poison and Steel moves (And Types) will show up some more than they do now. (Scizor too)
- Dragons will not be able to rely on Outrage spamming and will just use other Dragon moves.
- Fairy Moves (And Types) will start showing up in movesets where appropriate.

Dragons will just have to be used with more focus and precision.
#40MephilasPosted 6/25/2013 3:02:52 AM
edwardsharpe posted...
I'm kinda hoping for Xerneas to be Fairy and Yveltal to be Dragon.

NO NO NO!

No more legendary dragon type pokemon! Three generations is ENOUGH!

NO!!!
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.