This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what game to go for?

#1sezraPosted 6/21/2013 3:29:40 PM
Ok, so im torn between x and y... Whats sad is, i have played and owned nearly every pokemon game since red/blue, and have been up to date with every new game except this gen. Getting old sucks, lol. I have less time to play cpu games these days, new wife, new son... you get the idea, but im determined to still get this, even though it means buying a 3ds especially!

The long haired general wont be happy, but she will get over it :p

In the past, I've opted for

red
yellow (obviously)
gold
crystal (again, 1 choice)
ruby
fire red
emerald (again,pn;y 1 choice)
pearl
heart gold
black

There are a few ive not played, and i;ve missed black/white 2, but what would you recommend I go for? Like i said, i dont know much about this gen, but i do like the look of the fire starter,

On a side note, growing up with pokemon, i think i finally get the hidden message behind it all. Trainers are young, and are encouraged to explore and try new things. now that i have a family, I dont have time to mess around as much so more... Wow, really missing the 13 year old me right now.
---
PSN: My-Mojito
Pawn: Level 115 - Warrior - HP 4495 - STR 1923
#2the master samuraiPosted 6/21/2013 3:33:06 PM
Well, honestly, there isn't gonna be much of a difference. Their rarely is. Just go with the one that has the legendary that you like more. I'm getting Y myself.
---
the amount of people too notice all gramatical/spelling errors in my signature so far;9
if you seem them, tell me so i can update my signature
#3AnaTheCatPosted 6/21/2013 3:33:24 PM
I suggest you have your cake and eat it too. Anyway, go with Y since most people will have X.
#4TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/21/2013 3:33:59 PM
The version exclusives, as well as any other differences the games might have, have not been revealed. Really the only thing to decide on at this point is whether you want Xerneas or Yveltal, and who's to say they won't pull a GS and make the other game's mascot available post-game?

So I'd say it's too early to recommend anything.
#5sezra(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 3:37:54 PM
TorchicBlaziken posted...
The version exclusives, as well as any other differences the games might have, have not been revealed. Really the only thing to decide on at this point is whether you want Xerneas or Yveltal, and who's to say they won't pull a GS and make the other game's mascot available post-game?

So I'd say it's too early to recommend anything.

hmm, ok, and am i right in thinking there is a world wide release in october? how likely is that to happen or are western countries going to get screwed over again?
---
PSN: My-Mojito
Pawn: Level 115 - Warrior - HP 4495 - STR 1923
#6the master samuraiPosted 6/21/2013 3:40:50 PM
October 12 worldwide
---
the amount of people too notice all gramatical/spelling errors in my signature so far;9
if you seem them, tell me so i can update my signature
#7dodgekk9Posted 6/21/2013 4:04:42 PM
I'll probably get both because I'll have the money for both.
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2
I HATE the new GameFAQs layout