This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you were a gym leader, what would you say to a challenger?

#41PT_PiranhaPosted 6/21/2013 10:08:40 PM
MrMaho posted...
PT_Piranha posted...
Why's everyone making themselves the 8th Gym Leader?

And why are they giving themselves too many Pokemon? Don't leaders typically have only 3 when you're fighting for their badge?

Wynaut?

You have played Pokemon, right?

1. Just seems kind of like... I'd hate to say a "power fantasy" or "embellishment"...

2. You got me there. I've played more games, but only B/W 1-2 are in my recent memory, where most leaders had 3 Pokemon.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Hugh's (Unleashed) Rage of the KHIII Board-
#42MrMahoPosted 6/21/2013 10:12:09 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
MrMaho posted...
PT_Piranha posted...
Why's everyone making themselves the 8th Gym Leader?

And why are they giving themselves too many Pokemon? Don't leaders typically have only 3 when you're fighting for their badge?

Wynaut?

You have played Pokemon, right?

1. Just seems kind of like... I'd hate to say a "power fantasy" or "embellishment"...

2. You got me there. I've played more games, but only B/W 1-2 are in my recent memory, where most leaders had 3 Pokemon.

I just make myself the 8th just because I like using...bigger teams rather than smaller teams. May sound stupid, but eh. It makes me feel more secure.

Figured. Well, before B/W 1-2 they amount of Pokemon on team vary, but I don't think there's a Gym Leader with 6 Pokemon before a rematch. That's why I left mine off with 5.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#43professortreePosted 6/21/2013 10:16:11 PM
Electric Type Gym

Team : Luxio, Ampharos and Heliptile's final evo

Before battle: I see you've follow quite a circuit to get here. Lets test this power of yours. But I warn you, don't expect low resistance from my side.

First poké down: YAAAHOOO!! Full charge, I like it!

Last poké: Well done so far. Lets increase the voltage, shall we?

Defeated: I'm "Franklin" shocked

Medal presentation: I was going for a direct victory, but you were skillful enough to alternate your current. I see a lot of potential in you. Keep shocking the world with your energy, (trainer's name). And take this with you *Hands over the Tesla Medal*
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblh2mGjue1qz8x31o1_400.gif
#44DesulatedPosted 6/21/2013 10:30:41 PM
"Guess my underlings just weren't enough to convince you to leave. I suppose I'll prove that otherwise right now."
---
"By the way, if you don't compete professionally and make money from playing games... you are a casual player."-Howatizer
#45RDS1Posted 6/21/2013 10:33:47 PM
MrMaho posted...
Figured. Well, before B/W 1-2 they amount of Pokemon on team vary, but I don't think there's a Gym Leader with 6 Pokemon before a rematch. That's why I left mine off with 5.

I'm pretty sure Blue did, and maybe Giovanni but thinking about it more I doubt it. I think it used to be more common for the eighth Gym Leader to have 5.

Personally, I'd only have two or three, since I imagine I'd be one of the earlier Gym Leaders (but not the first) and also because there aren't many confirmed Fairy-types yet (and even fewer I'd want to use).
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#46hiphops_saviorPosted 6/21/2013 10:38:51 PM
Dark Type Gym

Team: Absol, Bisharp, Sableye, Umbreon.

Before battle: Welcome to my domain! Now to suck on your bloood! Just kidding, I actually have quite a fear of blood. Why do I use dark types? They're practical and willing to do whatever it takes to win. Do you?

First pokemon: First blood, but is that all?

Last pokemon: No holding back, give it everything you have.

Defeated: Practical and pragmatic, you have what it takes to win the Pragmatic Badge.

Post-battle: Many people find Dark moves to be dishonourable and underhanded. You have shown that you will do anything to ensure your pokemon will win. In honour of that, I will give you the Pragmatic Badge. Oh, and here's a move that is a personal favourite *gives TM 12*. Taunt will prevent the opposing pokemon from using any attack that doesn't damage you directly. It's very useful against pokemon that will try and heal themselves. Be careful to not taunt any Pokemon stronger than you.
#47VIIVincentPosted 6/21/2013 10:49:13 PM
I strike from the shadows! Prepare!

Ninjask
Accelgor
Lucario
Gengar
Gallade
Bisharp

Ninja gym focusing on ninja like qualities. Darkness, Steel, Martial Arts and Speed.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#48MrMahoPosted 6/22/2013 9:17:09 AM
RDS1 posted...
MrMaho posted...

I'm pretty sure Blue did, and maybe Giovanni but thinking about it more I doubt it. I think it used to be more common for the eighth Gym Leader to have 5.

Personally, I'd only have two or three, since I imagine I'd be one of the earlier Gym Leaders (but not the first) and also because there aren't many confirmed Fairy-types yet (and even fewer I'd want to use).

Giovanni had 5. I believe Blue only had 6 AFTER you beat whatever 2nd gen game you play and battle the Kanto leaders, which he was a part of.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#49thebrawler56Posted 6/22/2013 9:30:02 AM
"Y'Know, it's been proven that steel is resiliant. Most attacks thrown do squat! So if you wanted a true challenge, you have one!"
8th: Steel-Type with a small mix-up.

Lucario
Metagross
Ferrothorn
Aggron
and Dragonite (Knows counters to Steel weaknesses.)
---
"Chicken is my 5th favorite fruit! :D" -lenmutt
http://dragcave.net/user/thebrawler56 :p Bandwagons.
#50bobstevens23123Posted 6/22/2013 9:44:54 AM
"suck my ****"
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100