This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't like restrictions on Legendary Pokemon.

#11DontBeHeroPosted 6/22/2013 12:35:48 AM
sinnoh league: ash vs tobias, nuff said.
---
PSN: DontBeHero
#12petemidnight13Posted 6/22/2013 12:40:34 AM
And we saw how fair that was.
That, my friends, is why high end legendaries should be banned from those in-game events.
---
Most badass noob ever. No exceptions.
Except the noob part.
#13Zacks_FairPosted 6/22/2013 12:42:14 AM
PT_Piranha posted...

Base stats... Another byproduct of mostly being a casual Pokemon fan comes to haunt me again. I know some terms and concepts, but I'm really not into the more competitive, meta scene...

Ever wonder why Tauros is stronger than Meowth?

Because stats make them stronger. To be honest, its a common thing in many RPGs, so you don't have to be competitive to know. Luckily, the game gives you the stats on the summary screen.
---
Xerneas is Psychic/Rock, Yveltal Dark/Flying (speculation)
#14PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 12:46:59 AM(edited)
Zacks_Fair posted...
PT_Piranha posted...

Base stats... Another byproduct of mostly being a casual Pokemon fan comes to haunt me again. I know some terms and concepts, but I'm really not into the more competitive, meta scene...

Ever wonder why Tauros is stronger than Meowth?

Because stats make them stronger. To be honest, its a common thing in many RPGs, so you don't have to be competitive to know. Luckily, the game gives you the stats on the summary screen.

I mostly just get through by thinking about mon types and move types, and sometimes levels...
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Real Super Sand Legend of the KHIII Board-
#15KitschgardenerPosted 6/22/2013 1:04:14 AM
A no-bans course for the Battle Tower/Frontier facilities is high on my wishlist for XY. They already have several dozen legendaries - as long as they actually give opponents legendaries too unlike Crystal's Battle Tower then all will be well, and epic to boot.

(Came in expecting something about legendaries not being able to breed. GF really ought to do something like that, even if it's a legendary-specific ancestral breeding ground, like for Lati@s in XY, Heatran in Z?(W?), others in Gen VII, etc. But I understand GF lieks money so prefers the player to buy multiple games to farm legendaries).
#16DesulatedPosted 6/22/2013 1:16:28 AM
Considering the frustrating exploits that the AI throws at you later on in the Battle Tower/Subway to quickly destroy your winning streak, I have no qualms of against the banning of legendaries, including the ones that have +600 BSTs.
---
"By the way, if you don't compete professionally and make money from playing games... you are a casual player."-Howatizer
#17Monferno_AQWPosted 6/22/2013 3:03:20 AM
There's no good reason for them to not give us the choice.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#18DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/22/2013 3:11:13 AM
If you were allowed to use uber-legendaries like Mewtwo and Kyurem, you would have to use uber-legendaries like Mewtwo and Kyurem to do the best you can do. With them banned, you have a much broader selection of viable Pokémon.

Thepenguinking2 posted...
Just unban phione. It isn't a legendary, and its stats are laughable.

It is too a legendary!!!

1. You need a legendary Pokémon to acquire it
2. You cannot acquire it without an event
3. http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Official_Pok%C3%A9mon_website_announces_Pok%C3%A9mon_Power_Bracket
---
Harmony is peace. Peace is unity. Unity is harmony. I tell this to the King Nook. He ask me to leave.
#19TherianReturnsPosted 6/22/2013 4:02:08 AM
petemidnight13 posted...
They should keep them banned.

Imagine this. You're on the battle subway, one win away from the big prize. Then, some guy comes in with a team of legendaries and curbstomps you.

Unfair, right?

That's why they're banned. Who in their right mind would permit them?

This. And backed with 31 IVs across the boards + 510 Evs and cheap AI. Could be downright impossible at times
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#20omegaslash14Posted 6/22/2013 4:29:32 AM
So whats the point of legendaries if you can't use them online?
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Ah yes, swords natures knives.