This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't like restrictions on Legendary Pokemon.

#21JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 4:31:19 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
I just want to have fun, so I use them a lot. But then things like Subways and PWT keep me from using them. But since I use them so much, they're about as strong as my team, it's not like I'm always hiding behind them.

So I always feel like they're tying one of my arms behind my back and I don't like it. I hope they change that this gen, but I know they won't. Just needed to vent.

They do not usually ban all of them. Only the ridiculously powerful ones. You can bring a zapdos in if i remember right. Just do not try to bring a palkia in, the stats are way too high for that to be remotely balanced.
#22pokemonzeroPosted 6/22/2013 4:36:43 AM
I used a Raikou. It wasn't banned
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#23JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 4:43:35 AM
pokemonzero posted...

Raikou's stats are actually weaker then dragonites if i remember right. Legendary does not = unbalanced.

Smogon has a tier called ubers and while most of them are in fact legendary, there are tons of legendaries whom are not there simply because they are not too powerful and thus are counterable. Anyone whos gonna look at palkia or kyogre and honestly tell me that should be allowed in with stuff like crobat, espeon ect clearly has no idea how this game works.
#24pokemonzeroPosted 6/22/2013 5:06:22 AM
Jaricko posted...
pokemonzero posted...

Raikou's stats are actually weaker then dragonites if i remember right. Legendary does not = unbalanced.

Smogon has a tier called ubers and while most of them are in fact legendary, there are tons of legendaries whom are not there simply because they are not too powerful and thus are counterable. Anyone whos gonna look at palkia or kyogre and honestly tell me that should be allowed in with stuff like crobat, espeon ect clearly has no idea how this game works.

The game should have differant Pokemon Allowed in their facilities.(Each for a differant facility) That way you can use your favorite and face Pokemon of similar strength

1-One for all pokemon (Nothing banned).
2-One for All pokemon 600 BST and below.
3-One for pokemon with 500 BST or lower.
4-One for Pokemon with 400 BST or lower
5-One for Pokemon with 300 BST or lower
6-One for NFE pokemon
7-One for little cup
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#25bigboi_yeahPosted 6/22/2013 5:27:32 AM
DontBeHero posted...
sinnoh league: ash vs tobias, nuff said.

---
Creepy Black FC 0218 0502 4360
#26CakeOfLiesPosted 6/22/2013 5:57:52 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
SoleEater posted...
Yeah, not all legendaries are banned. I rented a Latios in the Battle Factory.If I remember correctly, that is.

Just the rrally strong ones like Palkia or Mewtwo are banned.

The fun Legendary Pokemon, you mean.

The broken Legendary Pokemon, you mean.

Imagine... You're doing Battle Subway with your favorite Legendaries when all of a sudden, you run into Extreme Killer Arceus ( http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/arceus-normal read the first moveset on that list), Kyogre, and Lugia running a wall set (Lugia and Giratina are the best walls in the game. Nearly invincible).
There's no way you're winning that fight. Especially not if you play casually. Facilities use EV trained Pokemon and oftentimes competitive movesets. If they used Legendaries...
My gosh... That would be impossible.

There's a reason why you can't use the stronger Legendaries. You can use things like Raikou and Terrakion, but their BSTs are lower than that of monsters like Dragonite and Hydreigon. Things like Keldeo, Deoxys, and Genesect are banned because they're event-only. Technically, Arceus is banned twice over for being ludicrously strong AND an event.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#27IngSlayerPosted 6/22/2013 6:37:14 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
OP

I know, right? All that effort to make those things, and we can't even use them anywhere aside from basic crap like wild encounters.

Now, to all the people using that fight from the anime as an argument: none of you can think.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#285ky_4nth3mPosted 6/22/2013 6:40:14 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
petemidnight13 posted...
Yeah, but in that case you have pokemon with ridiculous base stats. Besides, if I remember correctly, some legendaries are allowed. Not sure, but I think some weaker ones are.

Base stats... Another byproduct of mostly being a casual Pokemon fan comes to haunt me again. I know some terms and concepts, but I'm really not into the more competitive, meta scene...

And this is why your topic is flawed. You clearly don't know/understand the "serious" part of the game like base stats and that is the only reason why you're complaining. Well, that and your selfishness.
Have you ever thought that unbanning the few legendaries you love so much would render a MUCH bigger amount of pokemon redundant or straight up useless?
Why? Because many of those legendaries would murder anyone trying to use common pokemon, especially when EV trained and with proper movesets.

Legends are made for story and hype purposes and they should be kept that way.

/topic
---
3DS FC: 1504-6073-5046
#29ClassyOldHatPosted 6/22/2013 6:48:41 AM
While I agree with the general consensus that BST >600 Legends should be banned from the subway, I still gotta wonder; why can't the subway and online be given tiers? Why can't there be a "no bans" subway in addition to a "normal" subway. Same with online. ESPECIALLY with online.
#30IngSlayerPosted 6/22/2013 7:36:59 AM
5ky_4nth3m posted...
Legends are made for story and hype purposes and they should be kept that way.

/topic

You can't think either.

/yourcreditability
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist