This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breaking: Unova Gym Leader Marlon dies of skin cancer at age 29

#1MillionGunmannnPosted 6/21/2013 11:00:27 PM
A Unova Leader who never took extreme care in the sun has died from skin cancer at the age of 29. Marlon, Wave , from Himaulu, Unova died just four months after being diagnosed with the disease Melanoma. His mother Beverly, 50, said blue-haired Marlon had always tried to avoid sunburn - and never used sunbeds. Marlon was so careful,' she said: " He was the only person on the beach that had a towel over him as well as under him.' It comes as Cancer Research Unova revealed more than two people under 35 in Unova are diagnosed with malignant melanoma - the deadliest skin cancer - every day.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/e/e2/Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png/311px-Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png
#2LightningAce11Posted 6/21/2013 11:03:34 PM
Serves him right.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#3FuneralCakePosted 6/21/2013 11:04:13 PM
That's pretty sad. This is why it's important to always wear sunscreen, kids. Just because you're wearing pants doesn't mean the rest of your body won't get burned.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#4MillionGunmannn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 11:16:35 PM
He was given a proper burial at sea
#5hiphops_saviorPosted 6/21/2013 11:18:15 PM
His beloved Jellicent brought his former trainer's body down to sea to rest.
#6Nightstar1994Posted 6/21/2013 11:21:55 PM
That was a Zetsu clone, not the real Marlon.
#7MillionGunmannn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 11:22:28 PM
hiphops_savior posted...
His beloved Jellicent brought his former trainer's body down to sea to rest.

Imagine a creepypasta where Marlon's Jellicent takes over his dead trainer's body in order to get revenge on all the water Pokemon that helped kill him.
#8NightinanglePosted 6/22/2013 12:08:39 AM
FuneralCake posted...
That's pretty sad. This is why it's important to always wear sunscreen, kids. Just because you're wearing pants doesn't mean the rest of your body won't get burned.

Actually he may have gotten cancer from sunscreen :P
Not to get too serious. basically, if your sunscreen dissappears, it can cause cancer, if you have white marks of sunscreen on your body, you are safe.
---
Klonoa, Chrom, Priam, Shadow, Ink/paper Mario, Vaati, Pac-man, Capt. Alph, Bomberman, Dixie Kong, Newtwo, Shulk For SSB4
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
#9SifunklePosted 6/22/2013 4:22:49 AM
Nightinangle posted...
Actually he may have gotten cancer from sunscreen :P
Not to get too serious. basically, if your sunscreen dissappears, it can cause cancer, if you have white marks of sunscreen on your body, you are safe.

Not to disagree with you, but that's based on some pretty limited evidence, whereas UV damage has been proven time and again to be a major factor in developing skin cancer. I don't think it's a great idea to be propagating anything that discourages use of sunscreen. Unless you hate people as much as I do.

... hang on, why am I saying all this?
#10MillionGunmannn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 11:37:38 AM
No respect for dat Marlon swag?