This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope solar power gets buffed this gen

#1iKhanicPosted 6/22/2013 3:36:49 AM
Not just because of Zard, but because its simply not a very good ability. Losing an 8th of your health per turn overly nerfs the sp. atk boost. Anyways, chlorophyll doubles speed with no drawbacks, why does SP need a drawback.

I think it's fairly likely the Helioptile line gets SP, so maybe GF will realized how not good it is.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 3:39:20 AM
Its not the fault of the ability that its difficult to use.
#3Xerneas66Posted 6/22/2013 4:12:05 AM
Jaricko posted...

Exactly, it's mainly due to the fact that all Pokemon who have Solar Power don't have the longevity to fully utilize it.

The only way I can see it being nerfed would be for it to drain 1/16th of HP per turn, but I've got a feeling that it won't actually happen.
Running Lefties alongside it can slightly rectify the damage.
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 4:34:14 AM
Xerneas66 posted...
Jaricko posted...

Exactly, it's mainly due to the fact that all Pokemon who have Solar Power don't have the longevity to fully utilize it.

Nope, losing an 8th of your HP per turn is a big deal period. Even if Blissey had Solar Power, it wouldn't be that good because every turn, it gets easier to KO, and it's time in battle is less. In order to combat it, Blissey would have to use softboiled a lot more, increasing it's chances of getting killed and eliminating a turn in which it could attack with the Sp. Atk boost.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5ClassyOldHatPosted 6/22/2013 5:53:36 AM
Agreed. Sun based abilities in general are much less useful than rain ones, (not helped by being distributed largely to Pokemon who don't do great with them) and they either need a buff, or rain based abilities should be nerfed. Compare Leaf Gaurd to Hydration, it's just unfair.
#6Xerneas66Posted 6/22/2013 7:08:14 AM
iKhanic posted...
Xerneas66 posted...
Jaricko posted...

Nope, losing an 8th of your HP per turn is a big deal period. Even if Blissey had Solar Power, it wouldn't be that good because every turn, it gets easier to KO, and it's time in battle is less. In order to combat it, Blissey would have to use softboiled a lot more, increasing it's chances of getting killed and eliminating a turn in which it could attack with the Sp. Atk boost.

I hope you're not implying that a) anyone would use Solar Power Blissey and b) attempt to use Blissey as a special attacker.....
I doubt it will get buffed anyhow, 50% more sp.a for 1/8th HP seems like a fair trade off. If you want the boost, you have to take risks. The one thing I could see them doing would be to make it a 25% boost in exchange for 1/16th HP, but if that happened it would probably be better off to use Life Orb.

and @ClassyOldHat, how on earth can you say Leaf Guard is unfair compared to Hydration?! They both have exactly the same effects, they prevent status conditions in their respective weather. I can't see at all how that could be unfair in any way, shape or form.
#7rocketgenoPosted 6/22/2013 7:29:18 AM
Xerneas66 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Xerneas66 posted...
Jaricko posted...

I hope you're not implying that a) anyone would use Solar Power Blissey and b) attempt to use Blissey as a special attacker.....
I doubt it will get buffed anyhow, 50% more sp.a for 1/8th HP seems like a fair trade off. If you want the boost, you have to take risks. The one thing I could see them doing would be to make it a 25% boost in exchange for 1/16th HP, but if that happened it would probably be better off to use Life Orb.

and @ClassyOldHat, how on earth can you say Leaf Guard is unfair compared to Hydration?! They both have exactly the same effects, they prevent status conditions in their respective weather. I can't see at all how that could be unfair in any way, shape or form.

Rest sets
---
TRIANGLES!!!!!!!!!!
Sharpedo is da bomb
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:55:00 AM
Xerneas66 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Xerneas66 posted...
Jaricko posted...

I doubt it will get buffed anyhow, 50% more sp.a for 1/8th HP seems like a fair trade off. If you want the boost, you have to take risks.

I fail to see how a 1.5 boosted sp. atk in the sun needs a drawback but a 2x speed in the sun doesn't.

1.5 is only a single stage boost, it's really not that big. And remember, it's not like a Life Orb where you only take damage when you do damage. This is a strict 8-turn time limit.

In regards to Blissey, I only used it because bulkiness and recovery is what I assumed you meant by longetivity. If not, please elaborate what you mean.
---
#9dwdwdw6Posted 6/22/2013 8:12:47 AM
Oh good lord.
#10D_BartPosted 6/22/2013 9:06:26 AM
iKhanic posted...

In regards to Blissey, I only used it because bulkiness and recovery is what I assumed you meant by longetivity. If not, please elaborate what you mean.

dwdwdw6 posted...
Oh good lord.

---
Splash