This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope solar power gets buffed this gen

#11carpediempimpPosted 6/22/2013 10:25:53 AM
He's actually right solar power is extemely underpowered

Partially because there is no Pokemon to really take advantage of it plus losing 12% a turn sucks
---
Just do it
#12ClassyOldHatPosted 6/22/2013 10:30:32 AM
Xerneas66 posted...
ClassyOldHat, how on earth can you say Leaf Guard is unfair compared to Hydration?! They both have exactly the same effects, they prevent status conditions in their respective weather. I can't see at all how that could be unfair in any way, shape or form.

It's all in the wording of their descriptions

Hydration: Heals status problems if it is raining. (That is, it cures a condition that is already present at the end of each turn, but still allows the conditions to be inflicted in the first place.)

Leaf Guard: Prevents status problems in sunny weather. (That is, it stops the conditions from being inflicted, but if the condition is already present, it will not be cured.)

If you think I'm just playing with semantics, though, try it in-game yourself. Teach Rest to a Pokemon with one of these abilities, and use the move on each in their respective weather.
#13JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 12:34:35 PM
There are ways to use it. The problem is solar power is on charizard who takes 50% damage on stealth rocks and sunflora who is slow as heck. If you wanted to abuse solar power without to much fear of taking damage though, run a smeargle, baton pass an ingrain or aqua ring with maybe a cosmic power or something. Suddenly your pokemon is bulkier and healing every turn.
#14InhaledCornPosted 6/22/2013 1:22:28 PM
On top of the Sun is inferior to Rain argument, Solar Power needs it's recoil reduced or outright eliminated. Doubling speed in sun has proven to be extremely useful. Having your HP cut down by a huge chunk so much as long as you're in the sun makes no sense.

Also, Water types tend to get the Swift Swim, which doubles their speed plus getting a STAB on their water moves that are also boosted under rain. Fire-types don't get the same benefit.

I also hope Flash Fire and Justified get buffed. Flash Fire should now negate Fire-moves and raise the user's Sp.Atk instead of just Fire moves in general. Justified should negate Dark moves and raise attack. Otherwise, these Abilities are just cheap knockoffs of Storm Drain, Sap Sipper, and Lightning Rod.

Also, I hope Howl gets boosted to be similar to Growth in that it raises the user's Atk and Sp.Atk, by one level, but in Sand, it raises both by two levels (as Growth raises both by two levels in Sun, which is what makes Venusaur so dangerous). Bam, Stoutland's now an OU Sand threat.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#15JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 1:31:52 PM
Charizard ( pretty good pokemon in its own right just sorta weak to stealth rocks ) + sun ( 50% damage boost in the sun ) + Solar power ( 50% more special attack in the sun )

And people think this needs no drawbacks... Seriously? Are you guys the same people that thing politoed's hydro pump should be 100% accuracy in the rain? You already get a boost from the sun, this ability just makes you even more ridiculous in combination with the sun. You cannot have that much power and not have a draw back, I assure you if charizard was not weak to stealth rocks and solar power had no draw backs, charizard would be uber.
#16JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 1:34:11 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
Justified get buffed.

Justified is already nearly broken in double battles. It does not need a buff.
#17LexifoxPosted 6/22/2013 3:27:08 PM
iKhanic topic.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#18carpediempimpPosted 6/22/2013 3:39:25 PM
Jaricko posted...
Charizard ( pretty good pokemon in its own right just sorta weak to stealth rocks ) + sun ( 50% damage boost in the sun ) + Solar power ( 50% more special attack in the sun )

And people think this needs no drawbacks... Seriously? Are you guys the same people that thing politoed's hydro pump should be 100% accuracy in the rain? You already get a boost from the sun, this ability just makes you even more ridiculous in combination with the sun. You cannot have that much power and not have a draw back, I assure you if charizard was not weak to stealth rocks and solar power had no draw backs, charizard would be uber.

Lmaoo
---
Just do it
#19CakeOfLiesPosted 6/22/2013 3:42:19 PM
iKhanic posted...
Not just because of Zard,

Yes because of Zard.
Due to your obvious obsession with Zard sucking, you literally can't make a topic about anything that Zard gets being buffed without it being obvious that you want Zard buffed.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#20JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 3:51:42 PM
carpediempimp posted...
Jaricko posted...

Lmaoo

348 special attack ( the max charizard can get ) + 50% from solar power = 522 special attack + 50% from stab = 783 special attack + sun ( another 50% boost on fire damage ) = 1174 special attack worth of fire damage.

Now you can even still increase it more here by adding specs or you could increase charizard's speed by 50% with scarf and with the amount of damage you have here, there is absolutely no need to use specs. However should you choose to use specs anyway, say for example you baton passed a speed level or two to charizard.

1174 special attack + another 50% = 1761 special attack. If you do not carry flash fire or sturdy, this just killed you.