This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Pokemon in OU?

#1iKhanicPosted 6/22/2013 6:02:45 AM
I'd say probably Infernape or Gengar.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2rocketgenoPosted 6/22/2013 6:10:25 AM
Dugtrio
---
TRIANGLES!!!!!!!!!!
Sharpedo is da bomb
#3SettaWorldTeethPosted 6/22/2013 6:16:40 AM
Probably Gastrodon. It has it's niche but I don't see it being used effectively enough,
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#4RTC3Posted 6/22/2013 6:52:42 AM(edited)
this topic made me realize BW OU is way better than DPP OU. at least there are no blatant frauds like ninjask and evire

here're the worst ones imo

-metagross
-cloyster
-gliscor (completely overshadowed by lando-t)

other mons i think aren't as good as the rest

-espeon
-vaporeon

mons others like that i'll never use

-donphan
-gastrodon
-reuniclus
-conkeldurr

may have missed one or two. feel free to argue about any of these. and yes i'm aware that most of them have their own niche/roles, i just don't think they hold up in comparison to the rest of OU. the first three however are just plain bad due to being outclassed by far superior alternatives
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/22/2013 6:48:14 AM
Worst Pokemon in OU?

That title probably belongs to Metagross right now.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#6RTC3Posted 6/22/2013 6:52:16 AM
someone may point out that donphan has great utility in that it' a bulky ground, SR setter, spinner, and dragons/genies check all in one and i have to agree, though it doesn't excel in any of those roles. will shift it down to the third tier.
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#7Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/22/2013 6:56:58 AM
The only role Donphan really has is as a spinner for sun teams.

Otherwise, it should not be used, and is probably on par with Metagross in terms of badness.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:02:44 AM
RTC3 posted...
-espeon
-vaporeon

I think Espeon is really underestimated in the current metagame. I use it on every single one of my teams, including an Uber one, and it almost always has a role it can play. It can function as a decent tank in the sun or w/o weather. It's a very good Ferrothorn and Forretress counter as well. It's pretty much one of the best pokemon for a Baton Pass team because it has Magic Bounce, Stored Power, Calm Mind, and Baton Pass. In Rain and Sand, I'll admit it's not AS effective, but with Defense and HP EVs it's still pretty good at setting up dual screens or setting up teammates with Calm Mind and Baton Pass. And of course all of that comes with the awesome ability that is Magic Bounce

I've only used Vaporeon on my sun team, so I'm not that sure how it fairs on a rain team, but I would think its a very good tank and wishpasser. But I can say that Vaporeon is one of the biggest assets on my sun team.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#9RTC3Posted 6/22/2013 7:04:50 AM
The only role Donphan really has is as a spinner for sun teams.

Otherwise, it should not be used, and is probably on par with Metagross in terms of badness.

so donphan is viable on a sun team

the others aren't viable period
---
#10RTC3Posted 6/22/2013 7:18:04 AM
you use personal experience to back it up but espy is more of a gimmick imo. its main use is on BP teams but those aren't really viable. magic bounce is cool and all but you can do perfectly well without it and you don't have to sacrifice a team slot for a mediocre mon like espy. if i want a BP chain the only good one afaik is celebi -> keldeo and if i'm concerned about hazards (i never am) i use a spinner.

vappy is outclassed by other bulky waters. hydration is nice tho
---