This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Pokemon in OU?

#71Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/23/2013 4:06:58 AM
Infernape is considered bad because

1. Rain is everywhere, hindering its Fire STAB
2. Terrakion and Keldeo are just as fast, much stronger, and aren't hindered by rain.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#72CakeOfLiesPosted 6/23/2013 4:21:03 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

2. Terrakion and Keldeo are just as fast, much stronger, and aren't hindered by rain.

1. So is Heatran is bad because there's rain everywhere? No. That's because freaking prepare for it! Why is Infernape any different? I mean, aside from the fact that Fire is his only good STAB. You know.... Close Combat exists.

2. Although that's true, Infernape is a mixed wallbreaker, not a sweeper like he was in Gen IV. You're comparing him to a physical sweeper and a special sweeper. Both Legendaries too, BTW.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#73Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/23/2013 4:34:02 AM
Heatran has reasons to be used other than Fire STAB. Rain doesn't make it completely useless like it does Infernape.
---
#74Block_Man_XPosted 6/23/2013 4:39:43 AM
I use infernape's fighting attacks way more than fire attacks. he is better in doubles though because you can pair him with solar beam ninetails.
---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega
#75Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/23/2013 4:51:44 AM
Block_Man_X posted...
I use infernape's fighting attacks way more than fire attacks.

See, that's the problem right there

You could be using a better Fighting-type
---
#76RTC3Posted 6/23/2013 4:57:22 AM(edited)
Infernape. It's the Electrivre of Gen 5.

lmfao

infernape is nowhere near the worst. of course it pales in comparison to those two though.

i also disagree with jolteon being among the worst. dat speed gives it a unique niche as a non-scarf revenge killer/lategame cleaner on rain teams (i tend to use starmie that way too). i'm biased towards jolty tho since it's my 2nd favorite mon

btw of the many many popular and successful rain teams published in 5th gen's run, how many have had hydration vaporeon
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#77RTC3Posted 6/23/2013 5:01:57 AM(edited)
Block_Man_X posted...
I use infernape's fighting attacks way more than fire attacks.

See, that's the problem right there

You could be using a better Fighting-type

nape having mach punch and uturn makes it a viable alternative over terrakion for example though, depending on the team. like if i ever used a sun team CB infernape would be my preferred fighting type with CC uturn mach punch and fire blast/flare blitz. but yeah i usually go with terrakion or keldeo though
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#78trinityEDGEPosted 6/23/2013 5:30:53 AM
Toxicroak

Literally no reason to be used under any other weather (or lack thereof) other than rain, and even there it's subpar due to one useless STAB, slow speed, countered by sun, average defenses (though pretty decent if you include dry skin), and its power is lacking unless you Bulk Up. Creates far too many free turns for the opposing team.
#79moneyman82Posted 6/23/2013 5:41:33 AM
I'd probably say Metagross at the moment.

TC, are you insane? Gengar was #1 in usage last time I checked (about a month ago).
---
The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
Charles Darwin
#80Ray GunPosted 6/23/2013 6:30:41 AM
moneyman82 posted...
I'd probably say Metagross at the moment.

TC, are you insane? Gengar was #1 in usage last time I checked (about a month ago).

wat. no.
---
rg