This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Fairy get a new TCG type?

#11NejiHyuga900Posted 6/22/2013 10:42:33 AM
I assume Fairy will have its own type. If not, then it would be placed under Colorless or Psychic.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#12NekoHime64Posted 6/22/2013 10:48:17 AM
Nightstar1994 posted...
Colorless?

This card should have that type:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/08/ColressPlasmaStorm135.jpg

Colress is an odd duck. The first time I saw him in the intro I pegged him as a bad guy, then slowly started to change my mind over the course of the story, only to have him be a bad guy after all.

And Dragon is a TCG type now? Man, all I have are older cards T_T
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#13Shadowmaster900Posted 6/22/2013 11:00:26 AM
While Dragons do now have their own type in the TCG, there's no Dragon Energy, and none of the Dragon type Pokemon cards have any attacks that require Dragon Energy.

So even if a Fairy type did get introduced in the TCG, chances are it might work the same way as Dragon Pokemon and not get their own Energy card, or have any attacks that require Fairy Energy.
---
http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk
#14CharizardFirePosted 6/22/2013 2:00:59 PM
Chances are pretty good that Fairy will get its own type.

I'm curious about what will happen to other types - specifically: Ice, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, and Ghost.

Ice: If made its own type, you can expect Ice-types to typically have a weakness to Metal, and occasionally have a weakness to Fire. Grass-types, Dragon-types, Colorless-types that are based on Flying-types, and Fighting-types that are based on Ground-types will occasionally have a weakness to Ice.
Poison: If made its own type, you can expect Poison-types to typically have a weakness to Psychic, and occasionally have a weakness to Fighting. Grass-types will occasionally have a weakness to Poison, and Metal-types will have a resistance to Poison instead of Grass or Psychic.
Ground: It might be called Earth, but if made its own type, you can expect Ground-types to typically have a weakness to Grass, and occasionally have a weakness to Water. Ground-types (or Earth-types) will have a resistance to Lightning. Lightning-types will have a weakness to Ground (or Earth) instead of Fighting, Fire-types and Psychic-types that are based on Poison-types will occasionally have a weakness to Ground (or Earth), and Colorless-types that are based on Flying-types will have a resistance to Ground (or Earth) instead of Fighting.
Flying: If made its own type, you can expect Flying-types to typically have a weakness to Lightning, and occasionally have a weakness to Water. Flying-types will have a resistance to Fighting. Grass-types and Fighting-types will occasionally have a weakness to Flying (which will be more common among Grass-types that are based on Bug-types).
Bug: If made its own type, you can expect Bug-types to have a weakness to Fire. Grass-types, Psychic-types, and Darkness-types will occasionally have a weakness to Bug.
Rock: If made its own type, you can expect Rock-types to typically have a weakness to Water, occasionally have a weakness to Grass, and in rare instances have a weakness to Fighting or Metal. Fire-types, Water-types that are based on Ice-types, Colorless-types that are based on Flying-types, and Grass-types that are based on Bug-types will occasionally have a weakness to Rock. If Ground is made its own type first, Rock will be grouped with it, which would be even more likely if the type is called Earth. If Rock is made its own type before Ground is, Ground will be grouped with Rock.
Ghost: If made its own type, you can expect Ghost-types to typically have a weakness to Darkness, and occasionally have a weakness to Ghost. Ghost-types will typically have a resistance to Colorless, and occasionally have a resistance to Fighting. Psychic-types will have a weakness to Ghost instead of Psychic, but will occasionally have a weakness to Darkness instead of Ghost or Psychic.

Also, I am curious about whether Dragon-types will get their own Energy cards in the future. Maybe it could start with a special Dragon Energy card that will fulfill non-Dragon Energy requirements for Dragon-types.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif