This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there anything Tyranitar can do to beat this Mewtwo?

#1SteaIth_RockPosted 6/22/2013 2:31:49 PM
Mewtwo @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 124 Def / 240 SAtk / 144 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere

It's a 1 on 1. Just curious.
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#2MienchisePosted 6/22/2013 2:37:19 PM
The only way ttar can beat mewtwo is by outspeeding it and there's no way it can do that with its low base speed. In a 1 v 1 straight match, mewtwo with AS would ohko ttar first turn. Sdef and focus sash ttars are nonexistent so no worries from that either.
---
Pokemon White: 3612-0902-4137 (David).
3DS FC: 1306-5494-8828 (Doomsday).
#3KeeperOfShadowsPosted 6/22/2013 2:47:01 PM(edited)
Mienchise posted...
The only way ttar can beat mewtwo is by outspeeding it and there's no way it can do that with its low base speed. In a 1 v 1 straight match, mewtwo with AS would ohko ttar first turn. Sdef and focus sash ttars are nonexistent so no worries from that either.

Actually it'd be a 2hko. Sandstorm would(or should I say, could, with the HP investment) raise Ttar's sdef enough to barely survive the first as. Of course, it'd be impossible for the Ttar to win because its stab-se attack's damage would get halved by the Colbur Berry.

Not sure if a potential crit would bring the damage high enough for Ttar to ohko with Crunch.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#4Thepenguinking2Posted 6/22/2013 2:45:03 PM
Protect.
---
There is completely no reason that exists why sigilyph is not OU.
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#5noname2lazyPosted 6/26/2013 11:21:40 AM
Actually a fully specially defensive Tyranitar with the ability Unnerve can survive an Aura Sphere from this Mewtwo (Aura Sphere only has 18.5 chance of OHKO) and with Choice Band Tyranitar OHKO's in return with Payback. Tyranitar's ability would ignore Mewtwo's berry.
#6killerlol702Posted 6/26/2013 4:02:00 PM(edited)
Maybe with a choice scarf? Also Mewtwo isn't very bulky, so stone edge might be able to get a OHKO

Edit:
Nevermind I saw that Mewtwo has EV's invested in def so theres no way it can win with physical attacks and also Ttar is still too slow with a choice scarf
#7kaonohiokalaPosted 6/26/2013 4:21:47 PM(edited)
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
Nature: Careful
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpDef
-Payback

Survives the Aura Sphere and OHKOs the Mewtwo every time.

Also:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk
-Payback
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#8Luigi playerPosted 6/26/2013 4:12:09 PM
stone edge crit?
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#9SteaIth_Rock(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 4:12:53 PM
What if the Mewtwo has Will-O-Wisp and Recover?
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#10kaonohiokalaPosted 6/26/2013 4:27:51 PM(edited)
SteaIth_Rock posted...
What if the Mewtwo has Will-O-Wisp and Recover?

Then it wins as long as WoW hits. Alternatively, Ttar could have a Lum Berry instead of CB and 2HKO Mewtwo if you're predicting a WoW instead.

EDIT: Ttar could also use Dark Pulse with a -Speed nature as 0 SpAtk Dark Pulse deals 51.56% - 61.19% (182 - 216)

EDIT2: Ttar would need 252 HP/252 SpDef in order to survive both the first turn of burn damage and the Aura Sphere. After burn damage, Aura Sphere has a 43.75% chance to OHKO Ttar. Of course, Mewtwo could simply Recover and Ttar takes 2 burn damage.

So, depending on what moves each mon uses on a given turn and whether Ttar has a CB or Lum/Rawst Berry, either can win. It's basically a toss-up.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko