This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...Does Sylveon being Fairy type mean that...

#1moneyman82Posted 6/22/2013 7:42:37 PM
There will be a Dragon type Eevee to continue the "pattern" of the past two Eeveelution releases?

Dark>Psychic
Ice>Grass
Fairy>Dragon
---
The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
Charles Darwin
#2LightningHawk90Posted 6/22/2013 7:43:37 PM
Nope. Looks like only one this time around. Maybe next Gen.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3yzmanPosted 6/22/2013 7:44:21 PM
I think it is definitely possible. They don't always show all the evolutions of eevee before the game is released.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#4FuneralCakePosted 6/22/2013 7:45:20 PM
Two times is not a pattern. It's not even a "pattern."

Even if it was a pattern, it does not have to be followed. See: The billion "patterns" Game Freak has been breaking the past two generations.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#5Faust_8Posted 6/22/2013 8:10:32 PM
It is still a possibility though. Didn't they not reveal Glaceon and Leafeon before the Gen V release? They could be intentionally keeping the Dragon version in the dark since the introduction of the Fairy type is the biggest change and the one they want us to talk about. Giving us a cool surprise as well.

Not saying it's probable, just possible. They may never since they probably don't feel any obligation to give Eevee an evolution for all or most types, and the method to evolve Eevee into a Dragon type would probably involve an older method (level up in some draconian place) instead of a new method like the whole bonding thing that likely is the route to Sylveon.

We can't say for sure Sylveon is the only new evolution of Eevee but we also can't really say we should expect another one either.
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
#6Knux19Posted 6/22/2013 8:14:17 PM
I suppose it's possible, but it seems counter intuitive to develop a Dragon form for Eevee when your big promotional boom is introducing a type meant to combat Dragons. I'd be more interested in seeing something a little less mundane, like a Flying or Bug type (seriously, another pure Flying type without the slap in the face of Normal subbing).
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#7Hydra_Gundam_Posted 6/22/2013 8:15:26 PM
Dragon>dragon
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#8EmeraldRangePosted 6/22/2013 8:17:21 PM
I remember a rumour before Fairy type was revealed that X and Y would be themed on Fairy and Dragon. Thus, we have seen the Dragon symbol on TCG cards. Yes, Eevee would eventually get a dragon evolution (which better be good)
---
Gamefreak better add a feature that can topple this fairy type.
#9LexifoxPosted 6/22/2013 8:26:34 PM
Technically they did it in Gen 1 with Jolteon > Vaporeon >Flareon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod