This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X Board's Favorite Ability: Gluttony vs. Scrappy

#1DarkDragon386Posted 6/22/2013 8:27:14 PM(edited)
Do you prefer Gluttony or Scrappy ? - Results (35 votes)
Gluttony
11.43% (4 votes)
Scrappy
88.57% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So, I decided to start a new series to determine the Pokemon X board's favorite of the 164 abilities. You can vote on any criteria you want, be it competitive value, name, distribution, your favorite Pokemon gets it, or whatever.

Scrappy
Effect: Allows user to hit Ghost types with normal or fighting moves
Notable Pokemon: Kangaskhan, Miltank, Swellow, Exploud, and Stoutland

Gluttony
Effect: Allows users to consume pinch berries at 50% HP instead of 25%
Notable Pokemon: Heatmor, Linoone, Shuckle, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Grumpig, Snorlax, Victreebel, and Swalot

Here's the brackets:
http://challonge.com/DD_Ability
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#2Heropon_RikiPosted 6/22/2013 8:30:38 PM
Honestly gluttony is a pretty useless ability. Scrappy however helps Kangaskhan immensely, and allows pokemon like Miltank to more safely run only one (normal type) attacking move. It also has great potential if one day it gets put on a pokemon with Rapid Spin.
---
Epicdavid's Nopon buddy
#3NewbieAtDSPosted 6/22/2013 8:32:43 PM
Heropon_Riki posted...
Honestly gluttony is a pretty useless ability. Scrappy however helps Kangaskhan immensely, and allows pokemon like Miltank to more safely run only one (normal type) attacking move. It also has great potential if one day it gets put on a pokemon with Rapid Spin.

____
---
Pokemon White FC 2108 8832 9721
Everyone should know that my Internet is crap and if I disconnect randomly, I'm trying to get back to you ASAP.
#4DarkDragon386(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 8:33:55 PM
Yeah, I'm not much of a pinch berry user. But, like you said, Kangaskhan could carry a normal STAB and a fighting move more reliably than fearing a ghost switch in.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#5Thepenguinking2Posted 6/22/2013 8:54:30 PM
NewbieAtDS posted...
Heropon_Riki posted...

---
There is completely no reason that exists why sigilyph is not OU.
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#6FuneralCakePosted 6/22/2013 8:58:41 PM
For some reason, this topic is making me realize how much I like Kangaskhan... Wow.

But yeah, Scrappy. All the way.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#7DarkDragon386(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 9:07:36 PM
Kangaskhan isn't one of my absolute favorites, but it is BOSS
---