This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New (Good or Bad) Ability Ideas

#1LycanvorePosted 6/22/2013 11:01:27 PM
Ideas for new abilities?

Bad Ability Idea: Cardiac Arrest
The pokemon has a 50 percent chance of being paralyzed when hit by any move.
(If they made another pokemon with a high BST like Slaking)

Night Vision: The pokemon's accuracy increases by 50 percent at night.

Speed Veil: Opponent cannot use moves with priority greater than 0. Negates prankster.
#2Missingno_MastrPosted 6/22/2013 11:15:39 PM
Name: Fog Machine
Effect: When the Pokémon is sent out, the weather is changed to fog, lasting until something else changes the weather.

Name: Empathy
Effect: When the opponent suffers from a status condition, the Pokémon also suffers from the effects, though without actually acquiring the condition (reduced speed for a paralyzed foe, damage and reduced attack for a burned foe, immobility for a frozen or asleep foe, etc.).

Name: Gourmet Body
Effect: When the Pokémon is burned, the foe's Evasion is lowered by 1 level, but when the user is hit by a biting move or Lick, the attacker recovers health equal to 1/2 of the inflicted damage (and Leech Life will heal 100% of the inflicted damage to the user).

Name: Psych Out
Effect: When the Pokémon is sent out, the Special Attack of all foes in range is reduced by 1 stage.

Name: Running Start
Effect: When using physical moves, the user's Speed is factored into the attack's damage in place of the Attack stat.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#3LightningAce11Posted 6/22/2013 11:21:00 PM
Flip out: this pokemon has a 20% chance each turn to do 300% damage with any move. It suffers 1/3 recoil, however.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#4elconoMPosted 6/22/2013 11:42:48 PM
Gas Armor
- chance of taking a physical hit granting this Pokemon with Levitate

Bash Air
- damage from Sandstorm / Hail doubles while this Pokemon on the field

Envy Wings
- Flying type replaces second type (type1/Flying) or gets added to the user when opponent is of the Flying type

Skinny Wrist
- punch attacks have higher chance for landing critical
---
(GMT -7) unova @1808.0126.2402 -- 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373 -- ACNL "Sunrose" town -- pm me if you add my 3DS FC please-- Smeargle'd egg moves!
#5AccrovideogamesPosted 6/23/2013 12:02:58 AM
Based on my topic here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66540425

Lust: Immune to infatuation and automatically infatuates opponents of the opposite gender, it doesn't affect those who are immune to infatuation however. (Sucubus/Incubus Pokémon)

Full Moon: In addition to recovering HP, Moonlight increases the Attack and Speed stats by one stage each. (Werewolf Pokémon)

Soul Energy: Recovers HP equal to half the opponent's HP when the latter faints. (Grim Reaper Pokémon)

Avarice: Steals Pokédollars equal to the damage done from attacks that make contact with the opponent. Only works against trainers who give prize money. (Goblin Pokémon)
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#6fedartzPosted 6/23/2013 12:17:13 AM
Wax skin - lowers defense in sunlight

Four eyes - Raises the Spec related items by 30%. If it not holding any Specs, Its accuracy fails by 50%.

Moe Mode - Turns into loli girls when low hp
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#7Count_BlackPosted 6/23/2013 1:12:45 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Name: Running Start
Effect: When using physical moves, the user's Speed is factored into the attack's damage in place of the Attack stat.

Does this include the Speed increase of Choice Scarf?
#8dearestnightPosted 6/23/2013 1:55:58 AM
DODGE! - This pokemon has a random chance to dodge one move of any kind during each battle. This chance does not reset when switched out, and is not assured to happen during each battle.

Anti-dodge - So long as this pokemon is green or has antennae, it may once per battle force a pokemon with the Dodge ability to use up its chance by yelling "DODGE!", allowing it to confirm a hit with its next attack.
#9TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/23/2013 7:57:47 AM
Miracle Guard: This Pokemon is immune to any super effective attack. Also works like Magic Guard (which I wish Wonder Guard did)
#10MetleonPosted 6/23/2013 8:15:47 AM
Sweet Dreams: This Pokemon regains 1/8th of its maximum health at the end of every turn while it's asleep.

Reverse: All super effective attacks on the user become not very effective and vice versa. Moves that the Pokemon is immune to are not affected by this Ability. (4x effective moves become 1/4x effective and vice versa.)
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.