This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New (Good or Bad) Ability Ideas

#11AccrovideogamesPosted 6/23/2013 10:38:37 AM
I love the Miracle Guard and Reverse ideas. I would have liked Night Vision if it wasn't as overpowered as described. 50% is way too much and broken, I'd rather have accuracy raised by one stage at the beginning of the battle.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#12OsrangerPosted 6/23/2013 10:53:39 AM
Time shift. All move effects occur after both pokemon have moved. Faster pokemon's move still hits first.
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?
#13pokemonfreak97Posted 6/23/2013 11:03:01 AM
Here's an idea for an interesting ability. The Pokemon that gets this has base 110 Speed, Attack, and Special Attack (all are relevant).

Mad Dash
Gives +1 priority to every move but halves both attack stats
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#14Wings of FortePosted 6/23/2013 11:14:39 AM
Berserk - taking damage raises Attack according to effectiveness. Being hit by regular standard effective moves (x1) raises Attack by one stage. Being hit by super effective moves (x2 and x4) raises Attack by 2 stages. Ineffective moves (x0, x1/2, and x1/4) does not raise Attack. Taking damage from Hazards, Weather, Curse, Poison, and Burn does not activate Beserk's effects. Self-inflicted damage from recoil and confusion will raise Attack by one stage. Multi-strike will raise Attack for each hit. Putting the Pokemon to sleep returns Attack to normal.

Well Rested - Upon waking up a Pokemon's Speed, Accuracy, and Evasion are increased by one stage for every turn it slept through. Turns where moves such as Snore and Sleep Talk were used will not count for this effect. Nightmare, Dreameater, and the Bad Dreams ability will negate Well Rested entirely.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#15iKhanicPosted 6/23/2013 11:16:04 AM
Solar Flare: Boosts the power of Fire type moves by 50% in the sun
Acid Rain: When rain is out, automatically poison's opponent
Rocky Flesh: Absorbs entry hazards upon entry. Heals 1/8th HP per entry hazard.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#16JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/23/2013 12:33:39 PM(edited)
Lumbering Hulk: Physical attacks do 30% more damage but can never critical.

Indomitable: Immune to all status aliments and stats can never be lowered or raised.

Ain't easy being Green: All grass attacks do 30% more damage but 50% more fire damage is received.

Precision: Physical attacks with a chance to do an additional effect have a 15% chance to critical instead.

Vampire: All bite attacks heal the user for 30% of damage dealt.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#17ColonelHawkPosted 6/23/2013 11:47:45 AM
Multihand : Allows the Pokemon to have two hold items.