This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Talonflame is Fire-Flying?

#1ThaxagoodnamePosted 6/22/2013 11:35:46 PM
Granted I already knew this but it abruptly stops the trend of Normal-Flying beginners. Unless, if my speculations are correct, we get an actual
3-stage-flyer that wasn't revealed.
#2jayman7Posted 6/22/2013 11:47:58 PM
Thaxagoodname posted...
Granted I already knew this but it abruptly stops the trend of Normal-Flying beginners. Unless, if my speculations are correct, we get an actual
3-stage-flyer that wasn't revealed.

It's impossible to say if Fletchling is the early-game bird at this point, but if he is, he wouldn't be the first early-game tradition to get an unusual type upon evolution (Bibarel).

Also, not all of the early-game Normal/Flying birds are three-stagers; Spearow, Hoothoot, and Taillow are all two-stagers.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Hanon623Posted 6/22/2013 11:48:57 PM
Wingull was also the first early bird to break the trend of being normal flying so it's not like talonflames revolutionary
#4jayman7Posted 6/22/2013 11:51:57 PM(edited)
Hanon623 posted...
Wingull was also the first early bird to break the trend of being normal flying so it's not like talonflames revolutionary

It's not Normal/Flying before it evolves, though, and it coexists with Taillow, so it's a little more arguable as to whether it fits the pattern.
---
#5JarickoPosted 6/22/2013 11:52:05 PM
Only problem with this pokemon. We already know its gonna be crappy in multiplayer. Stealth rocks have already shown us that for charizard.
#6jayman7Posted 6/22/2013 11:57:28 PM
Jaricko posted...
Only problem with this pokemon. We already know its gonna be crappy in multiplayer. Stealth rocks have already shown us that for charizard.

Assuming Stealth Rocks don't get nerfed and are still relevant in the sixth gen.
---
#7JarickoPosted 6/23/2013 12:15:52 AM
jayman7 posted...
Jaricko posted...

Assuming Stealth Rocks don't get nerfed and are still relevant in the sixth gen.

Well gamefreak does supposedly support the meta game so its not too unlikely.
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/23/2013 12:17:22 AM
If they made a whole new type just to nerf Dragon, I'll facepalm if they don't nerf Stealth Rock in some way.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#9Shadow_StarWolfPosted 6/23/2013 1:18:58 AM(edited)
Jaricko posted...

You do know that SR is not the end-all thing for tiers right? Volcarona, Yanmega, etc. are high tiers despite SR. Stop using Charizard for reference, ffs. Charizard is terrible even without SR.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#10dearestnightPosted 6/23/2013 1:20:32 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
If they made a whole new type just to nerf Dragon, I'll facepalm if they don't nerf Stealth Rock in some way.