This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Talonflame is Fire-Flying?

#11DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/23/2013 1:24:23 AM
Talonflame doesn't break anything. The early bird archetypes are Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove and Fletchling. Not Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfezant or Talonflame. They're the evolved forms of the early birds, not the early birds. Just like Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise etc are the evolved forms of the starters, not starters themselves.
---
Harmony is peace. Peace is unity. Unity is harmony. I tell this to the King Nook. He ask me to leave.
#12JarickoPosted 6/23/2013 1:36:16 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Talonflame doesn't break anything. The early bird archetypes are Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove and Fletchling. Not Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfezant or Talonflame. They're the evolved forms of the early birds, not the early birds. Just like Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise etc are the evolved forms of the starters, not starters themselves.

I think they mean the part fire type bit.
#13DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/23/2013 1:39:39 AM
Jaricko posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Fletchling is Normal-type. The early bird archetype stands.
---
Harmony is peace. Peace is unity. Unity is harmony. I tell this to the King Nook. He ask me to leave.
#14dearestnightPosted 6/23/2013 1:49:07 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Jaricko posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Of course it does, they ALL get worms obviously.
#15jobacohuePosted 6/23/2013 1:49:31 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Jaricko posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Is Fletchling confirmed to be the early bird though?
---
Official everything of everything.
#16DoctorJimmy133Posted 6/23/2013 1:59:12 AM
jobacohue posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Jaricko posted...
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Is Fletchling confirmed to be the early bird though?

Does it matter if it's the early bird? It certainly doesn't break the archetype if it's not.
---
#17JoJoX200Posted 6/23/2013 3:37:33 AM
Jaricko posted...
jayman7 posted...
Jaricko posted...
Only problem with this pokemon. We already know its gonna be crappy in multiplayer. Stealth rocks have already shown us that for charizard.

Assuming Stealth Rocks don't get nerfed and are still relevant in the sixth gen.

Well gamefreak does supposedly support the meta game so its not too unlikely.

Competitive Pokemon in Japan revolves around doubles tough, where SR is a non-issue. The VGC also has kept the doubles mode for several years now and is as official as it can get. Smogon - or any metagame where singles is prevalent, really - is not.

Point is, I kinda doubt they care too much about stealth rock.

Also, if Talonflame follows its description, it may very well sport enough fire power to make SR secondary, just like Volcarona does. Unlikely, but at this point still possible.
#18JarickoPosted 6/23/2013 3:47:13 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
Jaricko posted...
jayman7 posted...
Jaricko posted...
Only problem with this pokemon. We already know its gonna be crappy in multiplayer. Stealth rocks have already shown us that for charizard.

Assuming Stealth Rocks don't get nerfed and are still relevant in the sixth gen.

Well gamefreak does supposedly support the meta game so its not too unlikely.

Competitive Pokemon in Japan revolves around doubles tough, where SR is a non-issue. The VGC also has kept the doubles mode for several years now and is as official as it can get. Smogon - or any metagame where singles is prevalent, really - is not.

Point is, I kinda doubt they care too much about stealth rock.

Also, if Talonflame follows its description, it may very well sport enough fire power to make SR secondary, just like Volcarona does. Unlikely, but at this point still possible.

I actually prefer doubles and rotation so that is interesting to hear.