This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Horde = shiny rate ++ ?

#1WutengPosted 6/23/2013 12:00:07 AM
5/8192 is a great leap ahead!
---
Max 2380-3218-5410
#2TherianReturnsPosted 6/23/2013 12:01:35 AM
Turns out hordes can't generate shiny Pokemon
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#3MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/23/2013 12:01:57 AM
LOL XD
Hey, GF are finally listening to us..the fans, right?
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#4TherianReturnsPosted 6/23/2013 12:03:17 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
LOL XD

Are you saying prior to this, Gamefreak never helped 'the fans' get shiny Pokemon easier? Pokeradar and shiny charm are things.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#5jayman7Posted 6/23/2013 12:08:36 AM(edited)
Not really. Since the 1/8192 is still per Pokemon, and it's not like you wouldn't encounter more Pokemon later - and horde battles will usually take longer. Oh, and if it's anything like wild doubles in the fourth and fifth gens, there's always the possibility of you being screwed by two shinies in the same battle, unable to catch both.

And, oh yeah, if the probability of something is x and you take y independent trials, the odds of getting the result you want at least once is not x*y - so in other words, the probability of getting a shiny Pokemon in a horde battle is not 5/8192. (Well, okay, I did the math and it is close to 5/8192, but still, that isn't how you determine probability. If it was, then after encountering 8193 Pokemon, you'd have an 8193/8192 chance of encountering a shiny, and that just doesn't even make sense.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/23/2013 12:07:31 AM
TherianReturns posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
LOL XD

Are you saying prior to this, Gamefreak never helped 'the fans' get shiny Pokemon easier? Pokeradar and shiny charm are things.

It's a joke -_-
Plus, pokeradar and shiny charms render the quality of the shiny useless when it HELPS you find it.
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#7yzmanPosted 6/23/2013 12:12:28 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
TherianReturns posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
LOL XD

It's a joke -_-
Plus, pokeradar and shiny charms render the quality of the shiny useless when it HELPS you find it.

Umm what? They don't render the quality of the shiny less at all.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#8MajorHoppyPosted 6/23/2013 12:19:20 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
TherianReturns posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
LOL XD

It's a joke -_-

Wait, so you consider anything that increases your odds of encountering a shiny Pokemon as an artificial crutch? I know that this is more of an issue of pride more than anything but, I have to ask you something: just how much time are you prepared to search for a shiny Pokemon? I too am I Pokemon purist but, I would really consider using the Pokeradar and shiny charms because they are tools that were added to the games to make it more efficient for trainers to encounter shiny Pokemon. Actually, in that respect would you consider the Itemfinder to be a crutch used by Pokemon novices to locate invisible items? Would you consider using a Master Ball to be a cheap tactic when someone could have used the 99 Poke Balls in their pack?
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#9TherianReturnsPosted 6/23/2013 12:21:00 AM
MajorHoppy posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
TherianReturns posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
LOL XD

It's a joke -_-

Wait, so you consider anything that increases your odds of encountering a shiny Pokemon as an artificial crutch? I know that this is more of an issue of pride more than anything but, I have to ask you something: just how much time are you prepared to search for a shiny Pokemon? I too am I Pokemon purist but, I would really consider using the Pokeradar and shiny charms because they are tools that were added to the games to make it more efficient for trainers to encounter shiny Pokemon. Actually, in that respect would you consider the Itemfinder to be a crutch used by Pokemon novices to locate invisible items? Would you consider using a Master Ball to be a cheap tactic when someone could have used the 99 Poke Balls in their pack?

I use Pokeballs on everything. Screw stronger balls. Lol.
---
#10AccrovideogamesPosted 6/23/2013 12:25:51 AM
jayman7 posted...
And, oh yeah, if the probability of something is x and you take y independent trials, the odds of getting the result you want at least once is not x*y - so in other words, the probability of getting a shiny Pokemon in a horde battle is not 5/8192.

Indeed, you actually have a probability of 63.21% to find at least one shiny in 8192 wild Pokémon encountered. As for finding at least one in a horde of 5, the probability is 0.06%. By the way, 1/8192 translated in percentage is 0.01220703125%.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec