This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Sylveon suck so bad it can't even take down any Dragons.

#21AlI_About_The_UPosted 6/23/2013 8:33:41 PM
Rare MeepleLardicle sighting on Pokemon. This is good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#22fedartzPosted 6/23/2013 8:38:06 PM
bd43 posted...
Alakazam took a huge hit Gen II.

Punching Alakazam...You're always be remembered as the strongest. To bad gen 4 took that shine from you.
---
I prefer you talk to me only in Ye Olde Englishe like a good chap because language can never evolve.
#23Faust_8Posted 6/23/2013 9:38:34 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
But I find it unlikely that there will be NO Legendary Fairy-type Pokemon. In Gen II, they really didn't have that many unconnected Legendaries; they had the two trios, three end-game legendaries, and two event legends. That's eleven; even if they hadn't overdosed on Psychic-type Legendaries, that wasn't enough to have one of every type. I fully expect a Fairy-type Legendary. How good it is remains to be seen, but I think that the type will make an impact; if Xerneas, Yveltal, or the third member is Fairy-type, it will likely be the Dragon counter the metagame could use.

If they're Uber because of 680 Base Stat total and whatnot, then that doesn't affect the OU metagame.

I mean, we can't exactly call Groudon a counter to Politoed. Groudon is forbidden from being in the same tier. A Fairy legendary will only affect OU if it is weak enough to not be Uber. And while plenty of legendary Pokemon are that way...none of the ones featured on the box art are. It's always the "side" legendaries like Cresselia and Terrakion and so on.

Ho-Oh and Lugia = Uber
Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza = Uber
Palkia, Dialga, Giratina = Uber
Reshiram, Zekrom = Uber

Basically the only exceptions are some of the third games released in the same Gen, as in, Gen II's Crystal had Suicune on the cover and BW2's Kyruem-B is OU merely because of a terrible movepool. However, Kyurem-W released in the same game is also still Uber. In every other case, all the "exclusive" legendary Pokemon featured on the cover of the game as a selling point have been Uber.

So I'm not really expecting Xerneas and Yveltal to be in any tier but Uber...although that would be cool if they weren't. If we get a Fairy legendary in OU I'm guessing it's not either of those two or it will be in a future game.
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
#24Aladdin2557Posted 6/24/2013 12:27:13 AM
goldw posted...
Jaricko posted...
Its an eeveelution. Its almost guaranteed some form of greatness. Flareon being the exception.

And Glaceon. And Leafeon. And recently Umbreon.

Recently? Umbreon has always been garbage.

Don't forget that Espeon and Jolteon are pretty bad.

Umbreon was tanky and annoying as hell in Gen II
#25Ubergeneral3Posted 6/24/2013 6:47:35 AM
What about old legendaries becomming fairy? My idea is that if a new type is being made many old pokemon will get fairy as a type. Oddly enough there are a ton of legendaries that will probolly become a fairy type.

My list includes

Celebi (fairy/grass)
Jirachi (fairy/steal)
Cresselia (fairy)
Uxie, Azelf, Mespirit (fairy)

All those pokemon are fairly decent. If they go fairy the metagame will change. Azelf is already fast and has a good movepool. If she counters dragons, she will be in OU.
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.