This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we customize our trainer's face, or just his/her outfits?

#11EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 4:20:05 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
I dunno, the characters in this pic look like they have different eyebrows at least: http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/june_new_p2_01.jpg

Well if that pic is our own trainers in game then it shows a LOT. Many more than just a few presets per character, and lots of different clothing options. There's...a beanie :D.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
#12DarkDragon386Posted 6/23/2013 4:28:19 PM
JackSolomon posted...
FuneralCake posted...
JackSolomon posted...
That brings a question to mind: Are the playable trainers in these games still ten to twelve year olds like Ash? Or are they older? I honestly cannot tell from their appearance.

The only trainer to be given an age is Red, who is 10 or 11 in gen 1. All other trainers do not have ages.

The XY trainers do look older, though. No way they're 10 or 11.

If they are older, I don't know whether that's good or bad. On the one hand, I'd prefer playing as trainers who are a bit older.

On the other, we've got a constantly changing cast of trainers, which are getting older in turn, and we've got one continuous protagonist, Ash Ketchum, who hasn't aged a day despite an ongoing journey.

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG THERE.

Why is Ash the only cartoon character that gets targeted for not aging?

Stewie Griffin is still 1 after fifteen years.

Also, I think it's confirmed that different outfits are in.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#13FairyKingPosted 6/23/2013 4:38:56 PM
paipr posted...
JackSolomon posted...
paipr posted...
To bad. Need a beard as an option.

That brings a question to mind: Are the playable trainers in these games still ten to twelve year olds like Ash? Or are they older? I honestly cannot tell from their appearance.

Valid point also is it bad to have sweet beard at 10-12 years old.

It's also bad to have dem boobs and dat ass at age 10, but that didn't stop Haruka.
---
Fairy Tail's Fairy King.
_Izanagi_'s alt while he's stuck in Jigoku.
#14NaughtyGhostPosted 6/23/2013 4:39:45 PM
I want to customize her panties <3
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#15JackSolomonPosted 6/23/2013 4:41:47 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

If they are older, I don't know whether that's good or bad. On the one hand, I'd prefer playing as trainers who are a bit older.

On the other, we've got a constantly changing cast of trainers, which are getting older in turn, and we've got one continuous protagonist, Ash Ketchum, who hasn't aged a day despite an ongoing journey.

Because most other characters like that exist in a show with a status quo: Things will return to basically the same at the end of every episode, thus making an established timeline unimportant: You can watch them in any order and the characters will be in the exact same spot.

Ash, on the other hand, has been on a journey across multiple continents, on foot, earning badges and entering Pokemon Leagues. His adventures are ongoing, and from episode to episode, progress is made and maintained (except for his intelligence/training). Ash is expected to age because he IS learning new things, he's making progress and winning fights. Bare minimum, he should be what, thirteen? Fourteen by now? How long would it take a person to travel across these continents on foot like him?

Since Ash is progressing in his journey, he's expected to progress as a character. The whole point of a journey is to show how it changes a character, how they grow and rise to meet the challenges presented to them. Ash rises to meet said challenges, but for some reason doesn't progress as a character, the most obvious evidence of this being he doesn't age.

That's why his age is nitpicked the way it is.

I think.

Could be wrong.
#16FairyKingPosted 6/23/2013 4:45:05 PM
JackSolomon posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

Because most other characters like that exist in a show with a status quo: Things will return to basically the same at the end of every episode, thus making an established timeline unimportant: You can watch them in any order and the characters will be in the exact same spot.

Ash, on the other hand, has been on a journey across multiple continents, on foot, earning badges and entering Pokemon Leagues. His adventures are ongoing, and from episode to episode, progress is made and maintained (except for his intelligence/training). Ash is expected to age because he IS learning new things, he's making progress and winning fights. Bare minimum, he should be what, thirteen? Fourteen by now? How long would it take a person to travel across these continents on foot like him?

Since Ash is progressing in his journey, he's expected to progress as a character. The whole point of a journey is to show how it changes a character, how they grow and rise to meet the challenges presented to them. Ash rises to meet said challenges, but for some reason doesn't progress as a character, the most obvious evidence of this being he doesn't age.

I think.

Could be wrong.

It goes even farther than that. Ash was confirmed to have aged one year at the end of Johto. His aging has been retconned.
---
Fairy Tail's Fairy King.
_Izanagi_'s alt while he's stuck in Jigoku.
#17EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 4:52:28 PM
How did this topic turn into a discussion about Ash's age? D=
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
#18JackSolomonPosted 6/23/2013 4:53:34 PM
EternalNether posted...
How did this topic turn into a discussion about Ash's age? D=

Sorry, my bad.
#19Grammar_manPosted 6/23/2013 5:24:22 PM
FairyKing posted...
JackSolomon posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

I think.

Could be wrong.

It goes even farther than that. Ash was confirmed to have aged one year at the end of Johto. His aging has been retconned.

He also celebrated one year away from home back at the end of Kanto, so...
#20RedArchangel20Posted 6/23/2013 6:15:38 PM
Customizable outfits have been confirmed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.