This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if this idea was Froakie's evolutionary line?

#1DuncanwiiPosted 6/23/2013 4:00:01 PM(edited)
Evolution 1: Undertoad

Species: Lifeguard Pokemon

Type: Water/Fighting

Description: Froakie no longer is hunched over and instead stands straight with powerful arms and legs that are perfect for swimming through rough waves. The gloves on its hands and feet are now red and the stripe on its head has raised and covered it becoming a red swim cap. The white cloud thing on its back had become a life jacket strapped to its chest.

Stats: HP: 60, Attack 90, Defense 50, Sp Attack 30, Sp Defense 80, Speed 95. Total: 405

Pokedex: It watches the coast for drowning Pokemon, no wave can match its swimming ability.

Learns the move Rescue which restores up to half a switched out ally's HP when used after Undertoad is switched in, depending on the number of turns Undertoad has been out.

Evolution 2: Croakguard

Species: Watchful Pokemon

Type: Water/Fighting

Description: It has grown to about the size of a full grown adult man, Its swim cap has become a sailor's hat. The life jacket has transformed into a very light blue suit that covers its body and gives you a feeling that this isn't a Pokemon to mess with. The red gloves have remained but they are more hand-like then before. The hat and suit, like Undertoad's cap, are part of its head and cannot be removed.

Stats: HP 80, Attack 110, Defense 70, Sp Attack 50, Sp Defense 100, Speed 115. Total: 525

Pokedex: It is said that just one of these Pokemon can tow a Wailord to safety. For this the ocean Pokemon give them their utmost respect.

Learns the move Aqua Spear, A 50 Power Physical Water move that always lands a critical hit.
---
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario
#2NessEggmanPosted 6/23/2013 3:22:05 PM
I've never understood the point of always-critical moves. Is there something I'm missing?

Anyway, I like your ideas.

If they are bulky and masculine-looking, and as long as Croakguard has a mustache, I would be perfectly happy with all of this.

If there's no mustache, your idea sucks and you suck and I hate everything you've ever come up with. (lolll jk. kinda.)
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#3AmphetaPosted 6/23/2013 3:24:49 PM
Well I like the Fighting type idea for froakie.
#4Arne83Posted 6/23/2013 3:32:23 PM
NessEggman posted...
I've never understood the point of always-critical moves. Is there something I'm missing?

Crits ignore defensive buffs.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#5PhoenicopterPosted 6/23/2013 3:33:00 PM
Crit moves are calculated with your Attack increases and the opponent's Defense decreases, but ignores your Attack decreases and the opponent's Defense increases.

In other words, you could destroy annoying Harden Pokémon for example, because the crit would ignore the boosts.
---
Feeny, a cop on the edge of ter!
Erotic Pen Hop!
#6FuneralCakePosted 6/23/2013 3:33:21 PM
A lifeguard and a sailor? Nope... I don't like it for Froakie.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#7carpediempimpPosted 6/23/2013 3:35:27 PM
It's stats are too low most starters have a 525 total
---
Just do it
#8M4nnimalPosted 6/23/2013 3:40:44 PM
50 is way too low for Special Attack. Generally speaking, starters tend to have both offensive stats be decent.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#9HalfbakedharryPosted 6/23/2013 3:45:21 PM
I feel like he has either the theme of soap / bubbles or clouds. Not sure how that would fit into supposed fighting type evo.
---
I'll think of a good signature someday.
#10Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:52:00 PM
carpediempimp posted...
It's stats are too low most starters have a 525 total

Hmm...then increase Undertoad's Special Defense to 80, making its total 405, and Croakguard's Special Defense to 100 making its total 525
---
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario