This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Small (non Pokemon) changes that you would like in the new games

#11JackSolomonPosted 6/23/2013 9:25:59 PM
The ability to keep more than six Pokemon with you, but maintain only six on your active team. The spares would be your HM slaves, that way, whenever you need to fly or surf, you don't have to run back to a Pokemon center and switch out one of your team for them. Saves time and since you can still only use six Pokemon in your team, doesn't change the battle gameplay. All it does is save time and cuts down on those moments where you see a cuttable tree and go, "Darn, I have Pokemon capable of learning Cut on my team, but I don't want to waste a moveslot on it. And whatever's beyond that tree isn't important enough to backtrack to after switching them out with my Cut Pokemon."
#12Missingno_MastrPosted 6/23/2013 9:41:41 PM
-Move deletion services built into the PCs. This way, it's less hassle to teach HMs to Pokémon since you don't need to keep them until you reach that one NPC, usually late in the game.

-The ability to change the nicknames of Pokémon you are not the OT of. I'm sure I need not explain the merit to this one.

-A special move tutor who can teach Egg moves to your Pokémon, though at a very high price.

-After battling a wild Pokémon, you would get back any Poké Ball you threw at it that failed to catch it.

-No more of that "It's no good! It's impossible to aim when there are two Pokémon!" Tauros s***. What even possessed them to pull this when Colosseum and XD showed that there was no such issue with aim whatsoever?

-A high-stakes battle facility where you and your opponent are allowed to try and catch each other's Pokémon in battle- for keeps. Probably would be run by the evil team, naturally.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#13The_Undying_84Posted 6/23/2013 10:11:27 PM
Key items or something replacing HM use in the field.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#14JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/23/2013 10:15:36 PM
What I want more than anything is having any pokemon that can learn the HM automatically able to use it out of battle once the badge is earned that lets you do so. You would would still have to actually teach it if you wanted it to use it in battle, of course.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#15MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/23/2013 10:20:17 PM
JustinTheJagged posted...
What I want more than anything is having any pokemon that can learn the HM automatically able to use it out of battle once the badge is earned that lets you do so. You would would still have to actually teach it if you wanted it to use it in battle, of course.

You do know they did this for Gen V right?
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#16JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/23/2013 10:21:09 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...

They did? Huh. Nevermind then.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#17MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/23/2013 10:37:37 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...

They did? Huh. Nevermind then.

:) Yep, HM's are no longer Badge-required to be used out of battle.
---
~I am dancing with Molly~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#18pkmewtwoPosted 6/23/2013 11:07:32 PM
I don't know, maybe if I could swim
And buy a house and plant a garden aaaaaaaand
I'm going to go play animal crossing... Oh
But I would want to not go through as many caves
---
Hehehehe...
#19MelkacPosted 6/23/2013 11:47:57 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
I want them to remove that "bump" sound/noise when you accidentally walk against someone or a wall. I just find it annoying.

I think that's a pokémon thing, you just can't remove it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#20Chaos_MissilePosted 6/24/2013 12:04:00 AM
Pokemon-only tools to replace HMs.
All TMs available for monetary purchase but at really exorbitant prices. Not through BPs, FriendPoints, w/e.

With rematches, it's easy to amass a large sum of cash easily. Once I've bought sufficient Full Restores and Max Potions, what else can I use them for? Most of the more useful items(PPUp, Elixirs) are rare and unable to be bough anyways.

Bring back ability to buy coins from Game Centers.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008