This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone planning on doing anything differently this gen?

#1PsychoWolfXPosted 6/23/2013 6:37:45 PM
Breaking old habits? Taking up new ones?

Gen 6 is going to be the gen of change for me. I have never battled against anyone other then friends IRL, this time around I plan on getting into competive wi-fi battling. I'll probably get severly owned, but that's alright, I don't really care about winning or losing. I will have to learn about IV's, EV's Natures and Smogon though....I guess.

I'm also planning on nicknaming EVERY SINGLE POKEMON I find this gen. I've always been one of those guys who just mashes B after when the Nickname option comes up, but no more.
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/23/2013 6:39:48 PM
I took a break from competitive for a while once BW2 came out, so I'll get back into that.

Other than that, I've no real changes other than to actually start battling with friends I know, because none of my friends have played since Gen IV and I've convinced some of them to buy these, which is awesome
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3FuneralCakePosted 6/23/2013 6:42:44 PM
Well, usually I'd spoil all the new Pokemon, gym leaders, plot, etc. before getting the game, but that won't really be possible this time around. So there's that.

I don't know if I'm going to do anything else differently. Probably not.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?
#4tobias90Posted 6/23/2013 6:44:15 PM
I think I'll make a bigger effort in collecting.

I've almost never been a fan of "Gotta catch 'em all". While things are always subject to change as I play the game, I always plan ahead more or less what I want to get for my party or at least what type of party balance I want to have. And if I have no interest in catching a pokemon for my party or training my current pokemon I'm spamming repel like crazy.

I think this gen I do want to go the collector route and if we do get a well done DLC system going (which I am totally ok with) I'd even make an effort to collect them all sans legionaries.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Toby9007
Currently playing: Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Injustice:Gods Among Us.
#5WiiareVenomPosted 6/23/2013 6:47:08 PM
I'm gonna play through the game like the old days for once. Not that I have a choice this time....
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#6bwburke94Posted 6/23/2013 6:48:00 PM
I really don't know at this point.
---
Official Mega Man of the SSB4 boards. Official Grovyle of Pokemon X/PMD4/PGD.
The new unofficial Let's Playing board: /boards/600446-lets-play
#7Baseball4Lyfe85Posted 6/23/2013 7:19:52 PM
I think I might only play one file of this game I usually reset my game so many times that I lose all my stuff. One file train them all and try to legitimately catch em all. Possibly play competitively but not rng anything like I have in gen 5.
---
Number of lv 100 w/o rare candies: 1
#8erekwashere15Posted 6/23/2013 7:23:46 PM
Try to not look up any guides on the Pokemon, so I don't see their move pools, evolution levels, locations, etc.

I'm seriously hoping they don't reveal any more Pokemon until at least the week before the game releases, and then I hope it's not the entire Kalos PokeDex.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#9AysanderPosted 6/23/2013 7:25:39 PM
I'll be picking the grass starter for the first time since gen 2...gen 1, 3, 4, and 5 I've had fire starters. XD
#10TherianReturnsPosted 6/23/2013 7:40:32 PM
Was considering using team of 12, instead of six. Depends whether or not Audinos or VS seeker are things in X and Y. Leaning towards not likely of these happening.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about