This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats up with this Dragons being OP thing?

#11RTC3Posted 6/24/2013 3:02:57 AM
Dragons arent op
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Dwight "Makes Right" Howard. we. already. won.
#12Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/24/2013 3:15:15 AM
RTC3 posted...
Dragons arent op

They are.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#13jiggardPosted 6/24/2013 7:32:42 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
RTC3 posted...
Dragons arent op

They are.

yes
---
"I will sometimes say things that no one will normally say" - Harry Potter
"My Opinion is right and your opinion is wrong"- Ghandi
#14D_BartPosted 6/24/2013 8:24:28 AM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
Modern Day Dragon is Gen 1 Psychic.

Nowhere even close.

Modern Dragons are certainly over powered, but Gen 1 Psychics were outright broken.
---
Splash
#15silverwing525Posted 6/24/2013 11:45:11 AM
jiggard posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
RTC3 posted...
Dragons arent op

They are.

yes

Anyone who says that Dragons are not OP CLEARLY has never played in a SERIOUS Tournament.
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD
#16jiggardPosted 6/24/2013 4:33:17 PM
silverwing525 posted...
jiggard posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
RTC3 posted...
Dragons arent op

They are.

yes

Anyone who says that Dragons are not OP CLEARLY has never played in a SERIOUS Tournament.

yes
---
"I will sometimes say things that no one will normally say" - Harry Potter
"My Opinion is right and your opinion is wrong"- Ghandi
#17JarickoPosted 6/24/2013 4:42:14 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Yeah, Steel is pretty ridiculous, resisting 11 types, which is more than half the chart.

It's somewhat balanced out by its three weaknesses being common types (Fire, Fighting, and Ground), but most commonly used Steel-types have secondary types that negate one or two of these weaknesses. An example being Skarmory, whose Flying type makes it neutral to Fighting, and immune to Ground, leaving it weak to only Fire and Electric. Then there's Scizor and Forretress. They're 4x weak to Fire, but that's also their only weakness.

Steel is primarily good defensively though. The offensive advantages are fairly limited except a few exceptions like Heatran or Scizor.

Waiting for a good steel dragon that is not ridiculous like dialga so i can actually use it outside uber.
#18bd43Posted 6/24/2013 5:03:24 PM
Jaricko posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Yeah, Steel is pretty ridiculous, resisting 11 types, which is more than half the chart.

It's somewhat balanced out by its three weaknesses being common types (Fire, Fighting, and Ground), but most commonly used Steel-types have secondary types that negate one or two of these weaknesses. An example being Skarmory, whose Flying type makes it neutral to Fighting, and immune to Ground, leaving it weak to only Fire and Electric. Then there's Scizor and Forretress. They're 4x weak to Fire, but that's also their only weakness.

Steel is primarily good defensively though. The offensive advantages are fairly limited except a few exceptions like Heatran or Scizor.

Waiting for a good steel dragon that is not ridiculous like dialga so i can actually use it outside uber.

A well organized 600 base Steel Dragon Would likely find Ubers
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#19The_Undying_84Posted 6/24/2013 5:24:06 PM
EdwardoMario16 posted...
Modern Day Dragon is Gen 1 Psychic.

Ridiculous Offense: Only one type resists Dragon, and it's done in by Fire and Ground. What are the two most popular types of moves Dragons like to carry for coverage? Also, because only one type resists Dragon, it's very spammable, and even then, boosted Outrage/Draco Meteor still does heavy damage to Steels.

Ridiculous Defense: The one type that Dragon is weak to besides itself is Ice. As we all know, Ice is pathetic. Compounded with the fact that there are many, MANY badly designed Ice Pokemon out there. Ice is Gen 1's Ghost and Bug. A type meant to counter the Strong Type (Psychic), but done in by it's own weakness and awful design.

If you're going to go into competitive Pokemon today, you must have something to deal with a Dragon. The only Pokemon who can do that are Steels and Water Types. Other Types of Pokemon are worthless as a result. If you can't take on a Dragon, well screw you.

Dragon is overcentralizing and broken as hell.

Sort of true, but Ice isn't even close to being as bad as Gen 1 Bug/Ghost.
---
PSN: TheUndying84